Samsung Health & Fitbit integration

Can we please have something that syncs our fit bit stats with our S Health stats? It's annoying to have multiple fitness platforms especially now that androids are becoming more and more popular as are fitness apps. It would be nice to do it all from one place.

Moderator edit: edited title and added labels

696 Comments
MindyPaulman
Jogger
I love my Fitbit, so much so I got my family and friends to purchase them, so they can do it with me. I just ouch as ed the new Samsung Galaxy S5 and love that. It would be amazing to have the ability to synch Fitbit with the new S HEALTH APP. We would be able to have the best of both worlds
Mostafa
First Steps

This would really make tracking much much better!

MindyPaulman
Jogger
Fingers crossed one day Fitbit can make it happen
marimattar
First Steps

Please, make it happen!! 

Greetings from Brasiiiil!! 😃

Brianjs78
Jogger

I would love for this to happen. Anyone have any idea if this is in the works at all?

MindyPaulman
Jogger

I haven't heard anything.  I love them both for different reasons.  Together synced up would be amazing! 

karmah
First Steps

I, too, would love to be able to sync my Fitbit Flex with the Samsung S Health app.

kimr882
First Steps
I would to see my fitbit sync with S Health on my Galaxy 5.
jnhearne
Base Runner

I'm discussing something similar that involves syncing.  This would be a great one to add to the list:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Premium-Feature-Sync-with-other-Services-e-g-Garmin...

Up Vote if you like this idea.

auts1108
Jogger
It would be great if fitbit and Samsung health app could interface so the two programs could talk to each other. It would also be great if you could find a way to make the caller ID on the charge hr work with the galaxy s5!
DiamondSauce
Jogger

I stopped using the "Track My Exercise" because it is not accuatate. I now use "S Health". I would LOVE to see the two apps integrated. 

DiamondSauce
Jogger

I stopped using the "Track My Exercise" because it is not accuatate. I now use "S Health". I would LOVE to see the two apps integrated. 

tbcrogers
First Steps

Before my company offered us the opportunity to purchase a FitBit, I was using Samsung Health (S Health) on my Samsung Note 4. However, under Partner Apps or Accessories, I do not see "Fitbit" but I see "Nike" and of course all Samsung Items along with items made by Garmin.

It would be nice if Fitbit can keep a brother from having to use two difference applications based on what program has more than the other features. S Health has more features than "FitBit" which is why I really want to use it. Now, I paid for "Fitbit" so I would like to use it and mainly for the sleep function but the other features with the exception of the friends are limited than the S Health on the Samsung Note 4.

Therefore, I'm asking for assistance in developing an app or relationship with Samsung and other providers of health apps, so that Fitbit can be a universal tool and not just a stand alone app.

Any suggestion or Advise on this request?

MrSciFi
First Steps

It would be good to at least be able to transfer the Heart Rate results to Fitbit.

MindyPaulman
Jogger
I would like to synch my fitbit to my Samsung S Health App
Matt872000
First Steps

This is something I desperately want. Is this a possibility? I want to use Fitbit's features as they are far better and more extensive than S Health...

Brittanyl2009
Jogger
I have a Samsung device and love using my fitbit and s health, I really wish they could link together, I'm gonna have to make a change to something that will sync together, if fitbit doesn't make the changes 😞
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love that feature too.

I thought getting the fitbit meant I could stop using S Health, but I am still using it, as there are great features.  Tracking coffe cups per day is a great feature.  S Health also provides great nutritional information, with much more detailed breakdown.

At the end of the evening, I can see in a clear line graph how much carbs, fat and protien I have consumed compared with the recommended amounts.  There is also a complete nutritional breakdown, including how many vitamins consumed compared with RDA. So I am still logging all my food in S Health, as Fitbit is too restrictive. 

There is also a helpful stress meter. 

Javierj
Recovery Runner
We should be able to sync our Fitbit devices into the Samsung S Health app so we can keep counting and tracking up our activities..
MattTheBass
First Steps

I agree, it should link in with proprietary apps on common devices.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Fitbit has released its API you might consider asking S-Health to integrate Fitbit into their sight. This is not up to Fitbit but up to S-Health
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Katmorea I like this idea a lot! I can see a huge potential for Samsung users! 

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Nishan
First Steps
Make it happens
cindylike24
Recovery Runner

This would be a great thing to have for us Samsung users.  I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday and was alarmed to find that my Fitbit charge would not sync with the S Health app.  Would really love it if these two apps could get along.

Cindy

led64
Stepping Up

Another vote for this! I use the Fitbit app on my Galaxy S5, but would really love to also be able to sync it to the S Health app.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.