Sleep Data Research and Information Sharing

I guess part of this depends on how accurate FitBit's sleep tracking is. 

I used to be a very healthy person, but I feel like my health is rapidly declining.  I think deteriorating health is related to my sleep quality.  FitBit's tips are nice and all, but I don't really think they are helpful enough.

My main problem is deep sleep.  For example I only got 14 minutes of deep sleep last night, and I think this is going to kill me. 

I think it would be nice if people could opt in to share their sleep data in a forum, and share what physical problems they have.  You guys could just prompt people poor sleep to opt in. 

Looking  into it, I have all the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.  Perhaps it is the lack of deep sleep causing Fibromyalgia and scores of other health issues, but no one has recognized what a problem a lack of deep sleep is.

If people could share what they have tried to help their sleep quality, that would also be great.  For example I'm waiting to go on identical hormone replacement therapy.  Maybe that will help?  It would be great if I could log, before and after so other people can see if the results are beneficial.  People could create tags that other people could follow.

I know you guys are in the the business of making money, so maybe you could charge a small fee for access to the forum or the service?  It would be worth it because this information people share could become life saving.

1 Comment
Status changed to: Existing Feature
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @ParallaxView.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on the matter! 

I'd like to let you know that there are already places where you can discuss sleep situations such as this. You can visit the Community's Sleep board to talk about topics related specifically to sleep.

Additionally, on the Community Feed on the Fitbit App you can find a group called 'Sleep Well'. You can join that group and discuss sleep related topics with other members.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.