Sleep as Android Integration

Currently the Fitbit app is not compatible with Sleep as Android because it lacks the certain open "APIs". If fitbit could make all of the data available to other apps it would be fantastic! I love using sleep as android and the heart rate data (from my Charge HR) would be useful for my sleep analysis as well as the other sensor data.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

40 Comments
Beetlejuise
Jogger

I would really like it if there would be an hook up with "sleep as an droid" .

With that a reminder could be sent to the fitbit when to go to sleep.

The fitbit would tell sleep as an droid when the user is asleep and awake.

Also could tell with the sensors when the rem sleep and deep sleep are there, please also use the heart rate sensor.

The user could be awakened with the fitbit when the user is almost awake and it is almost the time for the alarm.

It seems there are problems at the moment with the Fitbit API where the API is only giving info at a later stage.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sleep-as-an-droid/fitbit$20charge/sleep-as-an-droid/e7YKl...

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

mastro
Jogger

Sleep as Android has an awesome feature to track your sleep phases and wake you up just at the right moment to feel rested: you just place your smartphone on the mattress, near your body, and it track your movements to guess what's the sleep phase you are in.

Unfurtunately my bed mattress is one of those that doesn't work well with sleep phase recognition, for this kind of things Sleep As Android suggest using Smart Watches or wear devices to track sleep.

It is really a shame you do not expose an API to them (or anyone else).

Sleep as Android has A LOT of features useful for tracking sleep, to name a few:

• Sleep phase recognition / recording with graph
  • Wake up at light sleep phase
  • Many wake up option
  • Prevent oversleep: stop alarm games / math, QR Codes, ...
  • Sleep noise recording and apnea prevention

Your app doesn't even get close to that, but that's ok: you could give me an awesome service just by allowing them to integrate your products, you do not need to make sleep tracking recognition your main objective, and honestly you shouldn't.

Vesperi
First Steps

I also am an avid user of Sleep As Android App, and have used and continue to use many of the features in the app, but since i'm Married and sleep with the wife, accuracy on the sleep app using just the phone next to you is lacking.  Wearables are the wave of future for this sort of tracking, and the fitbit app just doesn't have everything i'd like it to have for sleep tracking.  Rather than re-invent the wheel I agree it would make sense to let Sleep as Android tackle what they are good at and enhance the sleep tracking abilities of what fitbit already can offer, simply by being an augment for the wearable itself.  Provide an API to allow the wearable to record and track what it is capable of providing with its various sensors and allow for sleep as android to use an API to work with the sensors to effectively get the data it needs to track sleep.  I have software development training and realize an API if not already built is likely a large undertaking, but this could be expanded for use with other integrations as well, so it would be worth the hours spent I'd guess.  If an API already exists, it might be just working with Sleep As Android's developer to get them the API info needed and work out an agreement to support each other.

xnovo
Jogger

Please build the integration ASAP or basically the product doesn't solve an issue which is tracking sleep within the environment of Sleep as Android, among the most popular sleeping tracking apps (more than 10M users).

Sepeto
Recovery Runner

Hi!!. Sleep as Android is THE sleep tracking app for android phones. Please, allow for integration of fitbit monitors with this app.

Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

pagrav
Jogger

Any updates on this feature please?

Coffeedude
Jogger

Please add this integration. Your sleep tracking app is unfortuantly lacking and opening up third part integration with sleep as android would make the purchase of a fitbit the best decision I've ever made! It would suck to have to buy a different product down the road just to use something they support and you do not. Thank you! 

Coffeedude
Jogger

Please add integration for this app! Several of your competitors allow it and it would be a shame to have to go to a different device as this is the most widely used sleep tracking software that I know of. Otherwise I love the fit bit flex 2! Thank you! 

Igneel
First Steps

Lack of Sleep As Android is literally the only thing that stops me from getting FitBit

ejessica
Jogger

I love sleep as android, and I love fitbit. sleepasandroid sleep tracking is SO MUCH better than fitbit's. why not allow integration? here's what sleep as android developers say about fitbit api: 

"Oh, this API has been hanging around for a long time, unfortunately:
1)it is a web API, not a device API, meaning we cannot get the data directly from the device
2)the data given are aggregated by fitbit, so even if we took them, we don’t know what they’ve done to the data and it wouldn’t be consistent and comparable with e.g. what you would measure with the phone’s accelerometer
3)they don’t allow the API to be commercially used easily
4)it doesn’t seem that they would be aiming to change any of this"

Please, Fitbit, make it so that Sleep as android can integrate with you.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@ejessica did you add your vote to the current request to integrate with sleep as android? 

artaud
Base Runner

Hi guys, Sleep as Android developers here...the new Fitbit API on Ionic is still insufficient for Sleep as Android as it provides no direct messaging of sensor data between phone and watch.

StreakDragon
Jogger

Oh wow, I'm seriously shocked by this.  I bought this watch assuming it would work with things such as Sleep as Android (guess I should have looked deeper into it).  I love the watch, it has worked GREAT so far...however this API issue is more than a little **ahem**ic.  Why would you not open your API so we can enjoy the use of the app(s) we love?  I understand you want to maintain some level of control as developers, but does opening this up really hurt you that much?  You sold the watch (for a reasonable penny might I add) so let us choose what to use it with.

Your app is good, I won't lie and say otherwise...however Sleep as Android is better when it comes to sleep monitoring.  Please give them the access they need to make this happen.  You'll make millions of your loyal fans very happy and considerably more likely to buy your next new and shiny watch.

artaud
Base Runner

See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Fitbit-SDK-and-APIs-despredly-needs-to-talk-to-phone...

They claim to be still working on the APIs so the communication issue might clear up later, hopefully...

rjm_robin
Jogger

Sleep As Android. I won't buy the watch without it. . 

walk2018
Stepping Up

Is there any update to this request for "Sleep as Android" app.

RelationLife
First Steps

Hello. I just bought this product a days ago and i realized that didn't support sleep as android.

I know fitbit already had sleep tracking system, and it really cool.
but, i want use sleep as android app, it's my best sleep tracking app a bit more specialized for tracking sleep.

So, I find a article(https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Apps-Integrations/Compatibility-with-Sleep-as-Android-Ap...)

anddeveloper looks need technical support from you guys.

I really hope you guys to contact "sleep as android developers team" and make it out.

If fitbit support this feature, I'm sure more customers will buy your product.

Thanks.

kb_
First Steps

Having seen the offer for Pebble owners to get a discount on the Fitbit Ionic, the first thing I did (after reading reviews of the Ionic) was check if it's compatible with "Sleep as Android". Which is why I'm here. 

I expect a lot of Pebble users already have some bad blood with Fitbit (I backed the Pebble Time 2 Steel, which was cancelled due to the acquisition), but with the discount AND some level of feature parity/openness - like the API access to support application such as Sleep as Android - you'd help win some of us over.

Cx22
First Steps

This. I bought a fitbit thinking it could like to Sleep as Android. Not only did it not link, fitbit own sleep app is of no real use. Sold the fitbit and I won't buy another until it functions with Sleep as Android. 

Seriously there are tons of Sleep as Android users just waiting for a high quality smart watch with a decent battery life. The iconic could easily be that watch. 

walk2018
Stepping Up

Seems to be no response from Fitbit. Their sleep app is very inaccurate as to be near useless. Just hoping Fitbit will see this and enable Sleep as Android to connect.

evan.rys
First Steps

I have all of my sleep data in Sleep as Android, would love to see some integration here.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Opalfeathers
Jogger

Yes yes yes to this please. Sleep as Android has superior sleep health analysis by FAR. An integration here would be a march as good as macaroni and cheese.

kropoksz
Stepping Up

I have been using Sleep as android for ages and I was very disappointed when I realized that I can't connect my new fitbit with it. The best part of sleep as android is that prevents oversleep, so I would be very happy if I don't have to set up both alarms. (I can easily sleep back after my fitbit "alarm")

So please, do something for this, it would be a win-win situation for everyone.

mastro
Jogger

I wish this was the only issue, the don't even have integration with Google Fit and Apple Health. They recently closed the two feature requests as "not planned".

And as I predicted, the close-minded policy is not paying off:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-fitbit-apos-turnaround-far-131500545.html

You cannot keep relying over your past success forever.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.