Store and Change Clock Faces in the Watches too (Without the app)

I would to store the different watch faces on the watch it's self so i can change them from the watch without needing the app.

Moderator Edit: Tile Update and Labels. 

121 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @iwjev.  We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

iwjev
First Steps

Some of my main reasons for wanting this feature is:

1. it would make it so much easier to put a watch face that you had to pay for back on the watch.

2, if there is 1 face that you like when working out but a different one during your day to day life.

SolidCake90
Jogger

I just got my Versa yesterday (first 'watch-like' Fitbit device) and as I was setting it up this one of of the thoughts that crossed my mind.   If the faces aren't stored on the watch itself, I would at least like the option to 'favourite' and store watch faces in the app so I can easily access my favourites and not have to search for and re-download them every time I want to switch.

ntchy
First Steps

Yes, please. I thought this was a bug - on other smartwatches, the history of your watch-face selection is usually available under account settings/profile.

I was kinda bummed when I realized that if I wanted to swap between watch faces, I'd have to go through the entire gallery and re-select the option. Plus, all my personal settings were wiped when I made the switch. Kind of stuck with one watch face now because I'm not keen on searching through the entire gallery again (there isn't a search function either). Please Fitbit! Thank you!

Llmgtab
Base Runner

I agree with this, or as other say at a minimum let you save a list of favorites, and ideally at least 2 saved on the watch. On top of that it is a must that they remember the settings. Testing watch faces to find what you want is such a chore.

Fit2030
Base Runner

1) I'm developing my own custom watch faces. And it would be nice to have one of my developer faces as well as standard watch face to switch between stored on the watch.

2) some watch faces are good for exercise but too busy for casual/formal occassions. Be nice to easily switch faces several times a day.

RichW4218
Jogger

I'd like the ability to store 2 or 3 favorite watch faces on the Versa so that I can quickly change rather than having to go back to the app, find the different face I want, and load it.

KDKDKD
Recovery Runner

Definitely need this. 

justin.
Recovery Runner

Was thinking the same thing. Would be nice to change back to a watch face with the settings remembered. Case in point - using "Nothing Special" watch face and keep coming back to it but have to set it up every time in settings. Would like if it remembered it or saved settings to the app instead.

Jayelo
Pace Setter

I agree!

Lynnerr
First Steps

Yes! I would like it if we could bookmark or save watch faces that we like as well. That way you don't have to go digging through the long list of watch faces when you know which one you want to try. I hope this happens soon. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with everyone @RichW4218

Let's see what other users think about this.

nickpott23
Jogger

I agree!

wbadawi
Jogger

Great idea,

I used to use this a lot on another watch to have a simple watch face when I am out and a more tracking stat face when exercising 🙂

Iliyana
Recovery Runner

If if not stored on the watch at least, keep a list of those we installed in the past in the app. Definitely something needed. 

ZomoFit
First Steps

Yes, please store our selection of clock faces under "My Clock" like a library so we can toggle back and forth.  On the Samsung Charge 2 that I had before, you can do this on the watch and not have to go to your phone app each time.  You just tap the clock face and scroll through all previous selections so you can toggle between them.  Sometimes I want to see more data when I'm hiking or doing active stuff and sometimes going out, I just need a pretty clock face with no data.  So switching clock faces could be quite frequent.  And to have to go to your Phone app and sort through ALL the clock faces again is so time consuming and unnecessary!  Please update!  Much appreciated!!!

Floydster
First Steps

On the Versa, Also in the App to save some of your favorite watch faces instead of having to search every time. Extremely annoying. 

Thekow
Stepping Up

It would be really great to store watch faces on the watch itself. Let's say up to 10 watch faces and you just switch with an app or settings on the watch. 

The clock gallery on the app and web needs a MAJOR overhaul. The UX is terrible.

TezaC
Recovery Runner

I agree with this idea.  I currently switch between one watch face for day to day, which has the time as the central visual and the corners showing various measures of step count, heart rate etc, and one that has the heart rate as central for when I am exercising.

It is very cumbersome to have to get my iphone app out, scroll through the watch faces to find the one I want ( a search function in the iPhone app would be nice), choose it and then back again.

kickaha
Recovery Runner

I would definitely want to see multiple faces stored on the Versa. Catalog on the fitibt app is also nice, but it's a lot of steps to have to go to the phone for this. My Android Wear watch and my Tizen watch both have easy face swaps without needing to break out the phone.

SolidCake90
Jogger

I think switching faces on Android Wear is a little too easy. Sometimes I'd check the time and have an entirely different face because it interpreted something I did over the course of a normal day as a swipe. I'd at least like a menu you have to go through first to prevent accidental switching.

ndamo
Base Runner

I agree with the suggestion that a small number of watchfaces should be kept on the watch.

I also agree with the idea of marking watchfaces as favourites or, at least, 'recently used' in the app, so it is easy to find them.

PolkadottedEwe
Recovery Runner

I am an sad ex pebbler who would love this feature. I have paid for a couple watch faces that I have tried and not liked but if I want to try them again I am fearful that I would have to pay for them again.

Kristin42389
First Steps

I think a good idea for the next update would be to add an option to save your favorite watch faces so I don't have to scroll through them all to find my most used and liked watch faces. 

XoMelissaD
First Steps

YES or like other people have said atleast let me save some "favs" within the app so i dont have to scroll threw everything to find a previous face i liked!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.