Suggest/compare Sleep Goals Based on Activity and other Insights with Users same age, gender, weight

Hello Fitbit team and user 

I love my Charge 2 but there are two things I wish they could improve 

-sleeo anaylsis: the app tracks your results how about it gives you suggestion on how many hours should you sleep based on your overall daily activities and intensity of exercise

- I use the rowing machine and stairclimber alot but I have to enter it manually via the app how about adding it to Charge 2 instead 

Regards

Aisha 

Moderator edit: Labels

21 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Aisha88 thanks for sharing. We try to keep one idea per Feature Suggestion so that we can streamline requests and update them accurately. I've edited the title of your suggestion to focus on the sleep analysis. What sort of insights around sleep are you hoping for, eg sleep more because you did x hours of intensive exercise? Please feel free to expand on your idea.

Please vote and comment on these existing suggestions regarding your other interest:

BillIrwin
Recovery Runner

When looking at last night's sleep I can select one of three options: last night alone; last night compared to my average; last night compared to the average for men my age. I would love to see how my average sleep stages compare to men my age, but can't. It would be very flexible if any or all three options can be selected. With the markers and shading, it would be simple to have all three: last night, my average; men's average, at the same time.

Aisha88
Jogger

@LizFitbit thank you for your reply 

I have read an article that the amount of sleep a person needs vary depending on the activity level the person does during the day usually they say adults need between 6-10 hours (studies vary) but I noticed that though more or less I sleep about the same hours but I wake up tored specially after leg day 

I thought since fitbet tracks both sleep and excerise why doesn't it take the anaylsis to the next level this will help out alot in recovery 

Regards,. 

Aisha 

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Tharayman
First Steps

Exactly what I was thinking this morning!

I mean, come on! Fitbit is generating so much raw sleep data, it would be a shame if we cant use it! 

BillIrwin
Recovery Runner

From the number of comments supporting this obvious (to me) improvement in sleep analysis it seems that most are either not here or not checking their sleep ... or are apathetic.

@Tharayman thanks for the support.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BillIrwin thanks for this suggestion, and @Tharayman thanks for your interest. Something similar is coming soon, where you'll be able to compare sleep to your own age or gender. I will let you know when that is released later this year!

Jamieeb4
First Steps

Hi Fitbit

We would love the ability to be able to change watch faces and not have to always put in our access codes.  Come on Fitbit, we know you can do this and make us all happier customers.

Many thanks - Jamiee

scottdgibbard
Jogger

You should be able to compare more with people of the same age and gender. Comparing sleep has been added, but I would like if there was more. Some ideas are steps, resting heart rate, miles, active minutes, and weight.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be nice to have a possibility to compare your results with the rest of the Fitbit users to get an idea of how active you are. This can be an overall performance based on everybody using their Fitbits, or a comparison with people with similar age/location. Something like "You are more active than xx% of the people (from your country/at your age)".

Google Fit used to have this and I know it was quite motivating to do a bit more.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

PhiliJ
Jogger

Hi guys, 

This feature would be very much appreciated. I thought the fitbit app already did have this feature on board since the Garmin Connect and even the MiFit app hve this feature on board. Thank you for considering it. It would really help motivate me to work out better if I could see this information. 

TimSF
Recovery Runner

Similar toto this request, the weekly progress reports I receive via email (and the same thing I see on my dashboard) don't seem as helpful as they could be. Without some baseline against which to measure, it's not that helpful. What would be more helpful is to see how my activity compares to others in my age range or in similar occupations (e.g. desk jobs) or maybe compared to professed lifestyle (e.g. lazy, moderate, active, etc.). But as it stands now, I 'm just not drawn to the stats provided. 

elbajc
Recovery Runner

Yes please. I'd like to know where I sit in comparison to other users.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi Everybody. I merged the other suggestions with this one as they are very similar, so it gets the attention needed.  Your votes were also added, so don't worry about them.  Let's keep collecting more thumbs up!

SallyLow
Jogger

I would really like to see rolling sleep data. When I come to the end of the month I can’t compare data with previous days as it starts again. Same for weekly data. How about showing a rolling 7 days for the week and a rolling 30 days for the month. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SallyLow, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion is released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service. You will receive recommended personal sleep goals in our program 'Get more Zzz's'. Further free and Premium insights based on demographics, will be coming soon.

@Aisha88, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! We have also given you access to Fitbit Premium so that you can explore and enjoy this suggestion.

Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Geysiris
Stepping Up
In my profile I am correctly registered as women. Yet, the condition evaluation compares my points with "men at my age". I really would appreciate to be compared to other women so please correct this error.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Geysiris, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see compare Fitbit stats with other members of the same gender. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.