Support of Revolut cards (and Monzo, N26, etc.) for Fitbit Pay

There are some banks that are "mobile first", like Revolut, Monzo, N26, and few more. They usually issue MasterCard or Visa.

It would be a great market for you, as they are available in many countries, and they usually reach techy people, which probably fits well with the Fitbit audience.

I guess Revolut would be a good start, as they are available in more countries.

106 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

goshiak
First Steps

I've just tried to buy a new Versa but I have Revolut Card and it appears to be impossible to pay this card. Why???!!! 😞

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have to agree, fitbit should contact n26 / revolut, as getting a deal with a bank in each country would take too long...  I'd really like to use fitbit pay as soon as possible, and those players are active over large regional areas, so it makes a lot more sense to start fitbit pay integration with these banks

akemi1802
Jogger

I agree, I only use revolut nowadays and would be so handy if I could use it on fitbit pay. Revolut are available in 26 different currencies so it's a great market for you!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

then vote! 🙂

dazziola
First Steps

Absolutely, mobile first Banks should be best on the agenda. I'm a huge fan of Fitbit and revolut and would use them together all the time.

I am concerned though as Fitbit apps haven't really taken off in the same way Apple Watch and Android Wear ones have 😕

Imagina
First Steps

I totally agree, revolut would be a great option to have for FitBit Pay, especially because they have some functionalities like changing currency to the local one without fees.

Mgrundman
First Steps

Revolut for Fitbit Pay...

@NKH wrote:

There are some banks that are "mobile first", like Revolut, Monzo, N26, and few more. They usually issue MasterCard or Visa.

It would be a great market for you, as they are available in many countries, and they usually reach techy people, which probably fits well with the Fitbit audience.

I guess Revolut would be a good start, as they are available in more countries.

please, it is basic

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

dazziola
First Steps

Surely it makes sense to support international, wide reaching payment applications like Revolut, Monzo and N26 rather than focusing on legacy, country specific banks? The reach would surely be greater and more accessible for everyone?

Mrfksiv
Stepping Up

I couldn't even believe that this is not possible and I kept trying to save my revolut card on my Fitbit ionic thinking that there was a problem with my card! 

For me it would make sense to approach these fintechs first as they are "global by default" instead of going door to door to other banks. 

LeTof
Stepping Up

My everyday bank is N26 and I use ApplePay in France to pay everything. We have "contactless" payments almost everywhere, it works very well. I'm a professional photograph and I accept contactless payements with credit cards, ApplePay, Android Pay... I was very surprised that N26 and Revolut aren't implemented in my Fitbit Versa to pay without using my phone... 😕 

bakadave
First Steps

I too wholeheartedly support this!

bakadave
First Steps

Also it would push me greatly towards buying the Special Edition of the Charge 3

DarraghF
First Steps

Still waiting for n26 support before getting the versa! N26 say it is up to Fitbit to get it sorted. Strange they still only have support for boon and not N26, Revoult etc.

pinkapoppy
Stepping Up

I would really like Monzo to be added to Fitbit Pay for the UK, as this would be incredibly useful for when my Fitbit Versa arrives!!! (Excited!!)

WarStreet
Recovery Runner

Revolut has currently 2 million users internationally all over the world, and they have a scary rate of user registrations. There is no local banks supported by fitbit here in my country, but nearly anyone I know use Revolut.

Senguz
First Steps

Revolut is supported in all EEA countries. It means that if you would add a support to Revolut card then you could get customers from all those countries which as for now have NONE supported cards: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden.

Of course Revolut does not have 100+ million users, however I believe you would be more successful at selling your devices to people who at least would have a chance to use Fitbit Pay by getting Revolut (which is free). In my country Revolut is extremely popular.

neatudarius
First Steps

I agree that Revolut should be a priority for Fitbit because it's used worldwide. 

rahman
Jogger

bring revolut to fitbit pay please!!

briedis
Recovery Runner

Yes please. As I doubt my local bank will ever be integrated with this, Revolut support would be really helpful for everyday purchases.

neatudarius
First Steps
JDFind
Jogger

+1 for Revolut.

Biplov
Stepping Up

This would be awesome feature. I would love to have n26 included in FitBit pay.

Have you just considered this feature or also have started implementing it?

M63
First Steps

Here is one more vote for Revolut in Fitbit Pay.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.