Able to adjust font size on Versa series

I would appreciate the ability to adjust the size of the text on my Ionic, especially in regard to email and text notifications.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

161 Comments
spin41
Base Runner

I agree 100% too. It would be great to have different text size options! 

Maggpie789
First Steps

Please enlarge the notification size. And please have notifications pop up as they are received. I don’t want to have to touch screen each tome

HopeMomof3
First Steps

YES!!  Please make this option available!

Pebbleist
Stepping Up

I wondered why this simple thing was not implemented yet.

Comparing with my Pebble time - notifications on Versa are not readable for me.

Ability of changing font size for notification area must have in Versa. Ability of changing system font size (in menus and tips) will be a plus.

resinomer
First Steps

I replaced a pebble 2 with this watch and while some of the features are nice, I am considering going back to the Pebble because of the size of the display font.  If I have to stop what I'm doing and put my readers on to see what the notification is, I can just as easily pick up my phone.  The Pebble allowed me to glace at the incoming message simply by moving my wrist and seeing if it was something that warranted immediate attention or not.  The versa, even with a bigger display, requires the glasses even to see who the message is from.  Needs a bigger font and quickly....

howfun85
Jogger

I had the Blaze for 2 years, loved it!  I got the versa because it is water proof.  I the font size is terrible on the versa!!!  Why don't you guys give us an option for the font size and the back ground colors???  I may return the versa:(

Mike_NR
Recovery Runner

Please add adjustable font size for notifications, I, like many people struggle to read the notifications on my Ionic.

Many thanks !

vcwalters
Stepping Up

I AGREE!  Larger fonts would be awesome!

MichaelShorts
First Steps

I'm 56. I could barely read messages on my Fitbit Charge2. They're impossible to read on my Versa.

Fortunately I found a great clock face with huge text.

barnejo
First Steps

hi, please push a software update that enables users to change the font size. it is just too small, and no accessible to those of us with poor eye sight. thx!

pneborg
Jogger

Just a point of comparison. I just upgraded to a Fitbit ionic after my trusted Pebble Time just ran out of battery life and Fitbit put Pebble out of business (bought them). On Pebble watch setting the font size was simple option. I may return my new Fitbit ionic because it does not have this simple feature. 

Surfweim
First Steps

This seems like it would be an easy fix.  I seriously considered returning my Fitbit versa in order to have one that I can always read the text messages.  I  have to put on reading glasses, the texting font is so small.  I plan to wait for the next Apple Watch to come out and re-evaluate if I want to break from FITBIT.  I’m an original Fitbit one owner, followed by Fitbit Flex, then Charge, then Alta, then Charge 2, and now a Versa.  

dotleth
First Steps

I bought Versa as fitbit charge 2 was unreadable without glasses, now i realize the notifications takes 10% of the screen and is even more unreadable.

If you worry about the cost to implement a font size selection option, why not at the very least increase the font size for everyone, it makes no sense to use so little of the screen estate.

Romy48
Jogger

Yes please, please let there be an option to adjust the text size on the Versa.  The text is so tiny that it is really impossible to read it without glasses and unpractical to have reading glasses with on a run or walk to read the notifications. I really love my Versa but will have to look at other options because of the text size.

GMarie66
First Steps

It's ridiculous how small you made the font for notifications on the Versa. Although the Versa screen is bigger the font is smaller than the Alta.  

Xerxes910
Jogger
Don't expect fitbit to listen. They have had long enough to implement a
change and their lack of doing so speaks volumes!
kathyb43
Jogger

Hello, I agree 100% with everyone else I can barely read the clock faces and the notifications.please add a way to adjust the font size on the Versa or it is going back to the store. I am 47 and can barely read the notifications I have a gear s3 and they have 5 different options for text size and style  

Jac_E
First Steps

I am pretty shocked to find out that my fresh! new! state-of-the-art! Versa does not support text size options for notifications. 

I love my fitbit, but this might be enough to drive me into the arms of a competitor. Is there a technical reason why this is so, or has Fitbit simply dropped the ball on digital accessibility? After all, this message board allows me to resize 🙂

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion @Jac_E. I hope it will get many votes! 

fitkam
Base Runner
I simply am adding my support for this idea. It would also be appreciated if we could be updated on the thoughts on this at fitbit and if it can't be done, offering an explanation. Thanks!
Romy48
Jogger

It would be appreciated if FitBit could comment on the suggestion and perhaps do a software update asap.

thank you 

Leabb
First Steps

It would be good to have the ability to change font size of notification on versa

Hagame
Recovery Runner

I agree.  This would be most helpful for the users out there who wear glasses.  I wear them to read and do not want to have to pull them out each time I get a message.

🙂

editability
Stepping Up

I would like to have a simple single colour clock face, with date 16 08 (day/month) 16th Aug, and steps.

Thank you!

Very desperate here...

Giantsnails
First Steps

Yes please to larger text options for notifications, especially to help older (45+) and visually impaired people access this great watch

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.