Able to adjust font size on Versa series

I would appreciate the ability to adjust the size of the text on my Ionic, especially in regard to email and text notifications.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

161 Comments
JulBock
Jogger

My Samsung gear s3 had a font option of 5 different settings. Need font a little bigger to see clearer for emails and texts

Paul91103
Jogger

Yes, please offer larger font sizes for the Ionic. At this point, I use the notifications on the watch merely as a heads-up to look at my phone.  For those of us with older eyes, we really could use an increased font size.

Thanks!

MBCL
First Steps

Yes, bigger fonts. For me it is between the Vivoactive 3 and the Ionic and I think I’m going to have to return the Ionic even though I prefer it due to the small text fonts. 

TonyG1971
Jogger

I wear reading glasses for close range, the font size for notifications are way too small, so when i get a message i cant read it (unless i wear my glasses which isn't practical while riding, running, walking etc.). Any chance to have the ability to adjust the font size please. 

Thanks 

2much32
First Steps

love my new Ionic, but definitely need to have an option to increase the font size...otherwise the notifications are useless and you can't glance at your metrics...swiping is an easy solution (double the font size and use 2 screens for metrics:-)

thanks

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Bhagwat
First Steps

AFter the recent OS2 update for ionic, the Fitbit today menu for are are made too big. At least total  steps and number of steps per hours should be visible on single screen like it was before.

this is most used screen for me and it’s messed up with latest update.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Xerxes910
Jogger

Since everything I have read says that there are no plans to add this feature to the Blaze I did consider the Ionic but if there is no plan to add font adjustment in the future then I will have to move out of the fitbit environment and to something with this feature. Many people had vision issues and without the ability to adjust font size you are neglecting a HUGE portion of the population.

Lwilliams114
Jogger

Please include a way to increase text size on messages. I can’t read it even with my glasses on.

thanks

Skydve1
Stepping Up

The older I get , the worse my eyes get.   I'm sure there are alot of us in the 40+ crowd who would love to be able to configure the font size.

This feature is a necessity.

Denise915
First Steps

I agree 100%. This would be so helpful as my wrist can only go so far away from my aging eyes!

GalaxyDebb
Jogger

I had a Galaxy Gear S2 and appreciated  the ability to change fonts.  I would like the option both for clock faces as well as text in content.  I just got a Versa but the small text may not work for me.

Xerxes910
Jogger
Fitbit has, so far, shown no desire to meet the needs or requests of it's user base. I would love to be proven wrong but ask anyone with a pebble how they were taken care of.
bneals
Jogger
I love my Versa. I pre-ordered it the day you guys announced it. I'm really happy with it, but I'm 47 years old and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. My biggest "wish list" item is the ability to enlarge text on the screen. I used to have a Pebble and it allowed me to do this. I can't imagine that adding this feature would take too much coding. Keep up the good work.
vcwalters
Stepping Up

YES! would be great to make fonts larger!

eljae
Runner

I agree. I can't read any of my notifications. The font is way too small. This shouldn't be that difficult to add in a text size. 

NJC2104
First Steps

Please can you make it possible to enlarge the font on the display of the watch. My eyes aren't what they used to be ☺. Thank you. 

Grenerhino
Jogger

Please please! Do an update that allows the user to increase the size of fonts especially on text messages. 

Thank you

vcwalters
Stepping Up

Yes, please give the ability to change font size! I can hardly see the letters.

Thrasher114
Jogger

Hello, I love my Fitbit Versa, however find it difficult to read notifications.  I would like the ability to increase the text size.  I know the small screen size is restrictive, but maybe when the text for notifications are enlarged, the text scrolls across the screen.  Another possible presentation is to display the message one word at a time.  This is how the Microsoft band functioned.  The text was large and the speed at which each word appeared on the screen could be adjusted for readability.  I have low vision and I hope that Fitbit considers such a feature to make Fitbit more accessible for all users.  Thank you for your consideration.

JulieMulie
Jogger

Wow love the Versa, just wish I didn't need to struggle to read the notifications, I feel sorry for anyone with less than 20/20 vision.  I'm 47 and don't need glasses yet however I'm going to need to purchase some just to read my Versa notifications!  

vcwalters
Stepping Up
I agree. Should not be hard to do! I know a lot of folks would love this change/option.

Carol
Kizzie_feni
First Steps

Love the watch, but really struggle to see the notifications.  Need an option to enlarge the text

vcwalters
Stepping Up
HEY! I AGREE 100%. That would be an awesome option!

Carol
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.