Sync with the 8fit App

Enable Fitbit to sync with the app called 8fit. This app has tons of good reviews and is an asset to physical health & fitness. The ability to sync it with Fitbit would be an even better option!

Moderator edit: labels

23 Comments
Chaps2b
First Steps

I was looking for a way to plan meals and most do not have a vegetarian, or vegan option. 8fit does and is reasonably priced, though I would like to integrate it with my fit it surge and fitbit account, to ease tracking of both meals and training.

Moderator edit: Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you very much for sharing your request. That would be a good way to keep track of your information, specially vegan food options.  

Sarabear2387
First Steps

I’d love to be able to sync my 8fit workout data with my Fitbit! 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for sharing your idea with us @Jacks22004! I'm sure other users will find it interesting and support it.

Let's see what they have to say about it.

Beachrcrtr
Jogger

Yes agree sync to fit bit would be great along with meal plans to sync both ways 

Shellbobell
First Steps

Yes please!

Brookepeterson
First Steps

YES PLEASE. This is literally the one thing swaying me towards the Apple Watch. The second Fitbit gets 8fit I’m sold. 

blobeat
First Steps

You should be able to sync the Fitbit app and 8fit. It would be great if you could log food on the Fitbit app from the 8fit database of recipes as well as tracking the calories burned during their workouts.

Drbrcohen
First Steps

I use a number of apps to get a well rounded workout and 8fit is one of them. Will there be an option to integrate it into fitbit in the future?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this idea @Drbrcohen.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

Docjth
First Steps

Absolutely agree - Please sync Fitbit and 8Fit!

ArkanSass
First Steps

Yes, please allow them to sync! I am already planning on buying the Apple Watch, but if this had the sync ability, then I would stick with my Fitbit.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

ShuraNorth
First Steps

Yes please Please sync Fitbit and 8Fit!

amberrocr
First Steps

Yes! This 8fit and Fitbit integration would be awesome!

Koots
First Steps

My charge 2 is starting to show its age and I am looking into getting a new fitness tracker that syncs with 8fit. I like my Fitbit but I will change to be able to have an all encompassing fitness experience. I believe the Apple Watch is already supporting this app, but I want to stay with Fitbit. Please add support of 8fit app!!!

MissChissy
Recovery Runner

In the same boat, Charge 2 ageing, and 8Fit is the best app I've come across that has great workouts, decent vegetarian options and allows us to exclude foods we're allergic to in a comprehensive nutrition plan. Want a more holistic fitness management experience, so definitely considering switching if it comes down to it 😞

Moderator, is there any API I can check out in the meantime to share data across the apps?

MissChissy
Recovery Runner

P.S @Everyone here, we probably need more votes for this to float to the top. I'm sure you know other Fitbit and 8fit users who are interested in this, give them a nudge!

marbemac
First Steps

+1 for Fitbit + 8fit integration!

Alekxandra
Jogger

This is one of my favourite apps. I’m here trying to also see if it integrates and hoping that it will in the future. I have been using 8Fit for over a year but just got my Charge 3 around Christmas. This app has such wonderful fitness programs for people of all abilities and for me offers a very holistic fitness solution with cardio and Fitbit tracking. Please consider adding it for future integration!  Thank you so very much !!

ae11
First Steps

Hi there, the very first suggestion was made back in 2016 regarding the 8fit app to sync with Fitbit. As I read what other community members and loyal customers shared, I'm disappointed that yet, 3 years later you're still replyingr "let's see what other community members have to say". Even if it were one person suggesting on ways that you (Fitbit moderators) can enhance and continue to surprise us, I would hope that you take that one person's suggestion to heart. But now, as part of your mission statement reads, ". . . . We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be"., that whatever they may be IS having 8fit sync with Fitbit. On behalf of the community who has already commented on this, who have asked about any future collaborations with 8fit, I think we deserve a genuine answer and not -

"Nonetheless, if this is something in which you're interested. I would like to invite you to share you request in our feature suggestion board. feel free to contribute with your ideas and comments, it would be nice to have your feedback here.

See you around!"

Respectfully,

Your Fitbit community

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.