Tile to Track menstrual Cycle

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

265 Comments
DCMom2
Runner

CaityGrace, please vote to get FitBit's attention. Thanks for your post

Vote Menstrual Cycle Tracking

MissAle
First Steps

I purchased my Fitbit Charge HR not too long ago, and I truly do love it. Although, it is weird that it doesn't include some sort of linking option to any other app that's available in the market right now to provide more specific information about women and their period of course. I am one who gains from 2 - 6 pounds 1-2 weeks before my period, I got bad cravings and I tend to eat more due to the increase of calories my body needs a week prior my period. 

All this data would be super helpful to achieve my goals and if Fitbit could offer that, I think it would improve its value a great deal. This idea was first suggested in 2014, 2 years later and it's like they haven't paid attention to it at all, which is disappointing.

Women are different from men, they need different tools to track their whole body, period affects us, so it's just unfair that Fitbit hasn't really paid attention to this matter; instead they've dedicated themselves to develop more devices instead of improving an app that desperately needs an update for women who uses this device on a daily basis, like myself.

The company definitely needs to pay attention to its users more. 

Mayalicious
First Steps
Yes, I would like to see this too. Fitbit, please consider women.
RoundLikePi
First Steps
Hi! I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I'm new to Fitbit, but I love the dashboard and I love logging my food (okay I hate it but it's an amazing tracker), but I'd love to see a menstrual tracking widget that can be put in the dashboard. As women it affects our weight, and how we feel, and I think it would make an amazing product all the more well rounded!
Jhyland
Jogger
Please add this as a feature!! It would be so useful for women!!
Elidavis
First Steps
There is a new study that tracks resting heart rate with the Charge HR and how it changes during the menstruation cycle. https://medium.com/clued-in/clue-pilot-study-results-resting-heart-rate-changes-during-the-cycle-11a... so this would be a great feature to add
Lex29
Jogger

I am upvoting this and adding a comment:

I read a blog post about how fitbit and clue had already started partnering and I think it would be great if the app could import cycle data from clue and map it onto the resting heart rate graph.

The resting heart rate actually goes up in the second half of the cycle (after ovulation) which would make fitbit uniquely useful to help us know with more precision when we can expect our periods with several days' notice.

And if the app could sort data by menstrual cycle (I'd love to see how my sleep is affected by the period, ovulation, the luteal phase, as well as trends for my activity level). Would be a great feature people could activate or turn off if they have no use for it.

cbess
Recovery Runner
These are all great steps... I really think Fitbit should move in this
direction as well. Personalized health monitoring would be huge.
aine
First Steps

Please add this - so key to understnading my body and fitness!

annamarieprieto
First Steps

Would be an aweome feature to have. I currently use peroid tracker on my iPhone. Would love to connect with my new Fitbit Blaze!

Phaefyre
Recovery Runner

This please!! I am currently using "Period Tracker" app on my phone. I would LOVE to get this on my fitbit!!  It really does make a difference across the board in energy, weight fluctuations, etc... Please add this tile.

Thanks!

lillithfair2
Stepping Up

Yes, for all the reasons above. I use a seperate tracker and it would be so nice to have it all in one place! Thanks for the other reasons above that I didnt even think of

DCMom2
Runner
Anyone know what the next steps are? How many votes does Fitbit need? Does
someone from Fitbit development contact us?

--
Rachel
Emhearty
First Steps
Hi, I would love an update from Fitbit on this. A huge part of your marketing is targeted to women. It only makes sense to include it!
DCMom2
Runner
Who at Fitbit can make this happen? Do we need a specific survey to count
potential users or does Fitbit aggregate across forum posts? Any female
engineers or execs at Fitbit we can contact directly?

If Fitbit is squeamish about periods, they can't really call themselves a
health and fitness company.
DCMom2
Runner
The Clue app does all of these things. It is easy to use. www.bellicose.com

Fit it should simply integrate with Clue, like it does with Weight Watchers. They don't need to create something new.

Will Fitbit ever reply to this and other threads on this universal health topic for all women?
Bebeblaze
First Steps
I use Clue, it'd be good to get some integration or moreover add it to the app as the menstrual cycle is a vital sign for women.
It could do some really clever things if it was integrated with the app, you'd be able to see changes in RHR, weight fluctuations, eating habits, sleep patterns etc. all tied into your cycle. Please!
Dillfin
Keeping Pace

I wonder why this still hasn't happened yet!

Jan2598
First Steps
I track my cycle using the Pink Pad app. I would love to see an integration with Fibit or for fitbit to offer a tile for tracking my cycle.
Ringquelle
Jogger
This is a great idea. It would also be nice to be able to log flow amount and maybe some symptoms so that you can predict when you'll experience them next month.
Sarynas
First Steps

Right, it would be great to get reminders and to be able to mark why activity is low 

Ceedly
First Steps
I have an Aria scales but I'm not investing in a Fitbit wearable until a menstrual cycle tracker is included in the app.

I attended the Dreamforce conference a few weeks back and this point was raised by one of the keynote speakers there - he said that Fitbit must be designed by men for men. A monthly cycle is a huge part of a woman's health and wellness and tracking should be included in any health app.
LadyofK
Recovery Runner
Yeah still no tile after two years.
Mijablo
First Steps
Yes I love thuis idea, is there some news already?
Jan2598
First Steps
Sure wish they would address this request!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.