Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
gahlel
Powerwalker

+1, and you do not need to set a time range for the night, Quick View should be disabled when your Fitbit detects that you are sleeping.

mocitygirl77
Jogger

+1, I would like this as well, mainly because I sleep with my hand near my face and have been blinded when the display goes off.  Maybe a way to adjust the brightness as well?

Cinderallaz
First Steps
Setting the time duration is nice in case someone else is asleep and you're not. I rock my daughter to sleep around 9 every night so I would like it to not light up after that time.
JessLM
Jogger

Yes, please!  I love this feature during the day, but I've been blinding myself with it at night.

Resi
Jogger
+1. Becoming awake because the fitbit charge hr display turns on defies the point of the app sleep monitoring mode! 😉
Bense
Jogger
Does the Fitbit know when you are sleeping, or is it the apps interpretation of the data?
evanacree
First Steps

Please try to put some attention behind this, Fitbit. It is so so bright! I do love the quick view but not in the wee hours of the morning 🙂

Raylu1
First Steps
This quick view feature is great. I agree that it should be shut down during sleep. And I really do have to charge my Fitbit more often since installing this feature!!!!
Peterjan
Recovery Runner
There must be a timeslot when it it switched off. Fi 23.00 till 07.00.
Lorian
Jogger
Turn off quick view overnight at a predetermined schedule (user defined) would be great.
Jsandra
First Steps
The Quick View feature on my Charge is great! However, I would like to suggest that you disable it when my Fitbit is tracking my sleep. I make the quick view gesture too often in my sleep and the light wakes me up!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
So I love the Quick View facility, but when I'm in bed in the dark trying to sleep and I move my arm or turn over, the room is illuminated by the time from my FitBit! Any chance the QuickView could be configured to work during certain times? I was going to suggest turning it off when sleep is detected, but sleep could be detected if I'm just sat watching TV. Also it's probably more of an issue when just getting to sleep rather than after being asleep for a while.
superiank
First Steps

I love this idea because I can have the exact same problem with my Charge HR!  I would hope they could add a feature like the iPhone's "Do Not Disturb" action.  Either a toggle-able button from an app/website you use your device from, or a way to set certain hours during which the Quick View facility is turned off.

CourtneyLynne
First Steps

Definitely all for the option to either automatically disable or to set predetermined times for quickview to be off. 

paulkellybc
Jogger
+1 for a 'do not disturb' time frame. I love the wrist flick time view...just not at night.
rebbyrebs
Jogger
Just what I was asking about on the forum. It's tracking my sleep so it should know I don't need the time.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 love quick view, but not needed at night. Also, HR LEDs should go to sleep at night as they are bright! They are not needed to track sleep right ? the ability to shut HR off from the device would be ideal.

ginnev
First Steps

Thought I was the only one this was happening too. Glad I am not. I stopped wearing my Charge to bed, because, like you it was waking me up... I need to chart my sleep (because, I don't think I sleep for as long as I am in bed) and the fitbit figures it out for me. Please, turn off the led light so, I can get to sleep and not wake up with the bright light.

naples
First Steps

Was initially confused as to why everytime I moved my hand the time would appear.  Finally realized that it was a feature of the fitbit and I like it.  However, as many have stated,  it does wake me up throughout the night.  Trying to figure out if there is a way to make it stop but evidently there is not.  I agree that it should turn off once you go to sleep.

sshields02
Jogger

The Quick View Gesture to show the clock was an awesome update change!

I agree though, there needs to be a time of day setting. It's pretty bright at night when attempting to sleep. Or since it can track our sleep maybe it could be tied to that setting.

It seems brighter in general so hopefully that doesn't drain the battery faster.

thank you!

BettyCrockerLV
First Steps

the bright light telling the time at 4a.m. is sleep-disturbing.  If you can't fix it to "do not disturb" my sleep, at least dim the light!

RCrowell
First Steps
Hey love the updates when I can turn my wrist and the time comes on, yet HATE it at night the bright light wakes up both me and my husband. (We both have them) Can you make it an option when you got to sleep to turn it off? Thanks so much! #justkeepstepping
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

You can already do this - go into your profile ...devices ...charge HR, and on the option 'Quick View Gesture' select the 'off' option.

You could also just take the Charge HR band off at night - unless you really really think the sleep tracking is worth a lot...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Quick view is a great idea but during the night no so much. If it could be deactivated during sleep that would be wonderful
Incognito
Tempo Runner

mebfleming,

I don't think that was what the OP wants to have to do every night.  

I think it would be a good idea that once the device goes into sleep tracking mode, that it can be smart enough to know that the user is not trying to look at the time when we are tossing and turning in our sleep.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.