Unicode to support Notifications on Cyrillic, Greek for Smartwatches

Please add Unicode characters table on Ionic to support world languages.

(Notifications on Cyrillic, Greece, Hebrew, Indian, Czech, Slovak etc.)

Unfortunately, right now I can see question marks instead of Cyrillic characters in notifications.

Thank you in advance!

Moderator Edition Title Update for Clarity and Labels.

155 Comments
Sabfas
Jogger

Good day everyone!

I have pre-ordered my Charge 2 and received it the first day it got released. That's how committed i am to fitbit. I have also recommended it to few friends of mine who (Some of them) bought it later on. It is a great device but the problem is that it doesn't support Arabic (Or any other popular unsupported languages). Be it "Notifications" feature within the device or even the mobile app, nothing supports Arabic so these features have proven to be useless to us. You have quite a promising market here. You can take the initiative, grab the lead!

I doubt this is going anywhere as i have seen multiple similar suggestions still on pending for years now and that's why i'm offering my help if needed, the Arabic community as a whole that is, free of charge.

Regards

magicparty
First Steps

請增加繁體中文的介面和通知功能

ISZ
Jogger

We want Arabic This is the demand of many people and you still ignore the demand, it is not reasonable that a company like Vietbit is unable to add Arabic.I bought a Vettebit Alta Hr and I was very happy when I took it, but when I tried it unfortunately I was disappointed because the Veetbit application is not in Arabic too the bracelet does not support Arabic and I only know Arabic, and this subject iswritten by Google Translate.Very upset 

Iblaaa1293
First Steps

A part of being an international brand is accomodating to all people from all countries and thus speaking different languages.

This for sure would include the sixth most spoken Language Arabic with about 420 million people who speak Arabic in the world. 

It is not acceptable that I spend 330$ on my blaze watch without being able to read my mom's text asking how I was. 

Given the potential of the developers at fitbit, I am sure that integrating another language is not difficult and will sure bring in more customers. 

The mere idea of needing votes on this matter is laughable the least to say, because it is evident that a person who speaks only Arabic will not have the potential to express this need, the way I just did. Thus, this will surely reduce the number of votes here. 

Had this been an option such as adding a new jumping feature, for example, it would have made sense, but voting here fails to fulfill its purpose. 

I am really embarrased to tell my friends with Apple watch that my blaze doesn't support Arabic the way theirs does, I hope I will not with your very soon update... 

Thank you for your time 

MCCruizer
First Steps

Please add Arabic language support to your fitbit models, it is a huge market share win and keeping up with your competition.

Kmuqaiteeb
First Steps
احصل على Outlook لجهاز يعمل بنظام التشغيل iOS
Abdallahmahran
First Steps

Please support Arabic language on notification.

Kwthr
First Steps

Hey , can you add arabic languge to the notification ? So i can read them ..​

I will be very happy if you did it ..​

Thanks,

Qeto
First Steps

Received my Ionic this morning excellent watch, very disappointed though notification shows squares! For Arabic Language. 

Alyaa
Jogger

Could you please add Arabic language to the settings with the new updates 

Khudhayr
Jogger

My notification function of my Ionic is totally useless!!! We need Arabic pleeeeeeeeeease ☹️

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. There aren't currently plans to release this feature. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Malztr
First Steps

It’d be such an amazing idea  if you guys add arabic langauge as one of the supported languages on fitbit devices , because so many countries use/speak arabic characters/language , and not everyone speaks english

thanks for enabling new features suggestions! 

Yousefal
Jogger

The ionic good for me but we need more a clock face and agood hardware support arabic language notifications and Starbucks app for other countries not just for u.s.a hope fitbit be a for other world 

GhostShadows
First Steps

Getting Arabic notification, is a dream that didn't happen yet!!!

I'm always so proud of my fitbit, but when my friends seek my suggestions for the watch, I tell them immediately to seek something that support Arabic notification.

m_abdulwahab
First Steps

Adding Arabic language to read text and calling Arabic notification

m_abdulwahab
First Steps

How this product could used in Middle East and not supporting Arabic language 

@m_abdulwahab wrote:

Adding Arabic language to read text and calling Arabic notification

KittieVamp
First Steps

Guys, I was surprised that when you bought and closed Pebble you still don't have a Unicode support of any font.

That's why I can use Cyrillic (SMS text displays as squares, no Cyrillic notifications at all so Ionic is useless in Ukraine).

Please add Ukrainian, at least russian

Losss
First Steps

Why there isn't Hebrew support yet? I can't read any whatsapp, messages or phone calls that are in Hebrew and it's really frustrating. All other watches have Hebrew on them. 

Arabic
Jogger

Ionic is an amazing device if it supports more different languages,Arabic is one of these . Can we see fitbit meet our needs regarding this issue?

Please ASAP

alamoudimoh
Jogger

This should not only be for Ionoc only!!! Any watch should have that!!

Hi,. We need you to support these languages ( Arabic, Hebrew, and Russian languages)  and any other unsupported languages in both the watch and the app. Most importantly the watch.

It is 2018!!!

blapath
Base Runner

I totally agree. The world doesn't stop on US border, there us a whole workd there with people speaking - and writing! - other angages.

Unicode character set, including right-2-left languages support us a MUST!

Mark_Melnyk
First Steps

No unicode on Charge 2 also. You are creating great fitness bracelets but not useful smartwatches. Please, don't wait until Apple will improve their watches and grab all your market outside of the USA! Please add unicode support for notifications!

alamoudimoh
Jogger
Guys i am not sure why fitbit wanna call for voting in this ABC thing of
smart watch. You wanna play in the smart watch business then this is your
ABC. Not everything should be done through voting.

I am someone who speaks Arabic. Someone else who speaks Russian. Etc... Why
do i need to get into UNFAIR voting.

DID YOU HAVE VOTING WHEN YOU WENT WITH ENGLISH?!!!

otherwise, stop promoting your watch as smart watch and just call it. The
70s smart watch that only only support few languages?!!!!
YossiV
Jogger

i bought my 2nd FITBIT watch . not i have the IONIC.
it need to be Obvious that unicode support common language.

you are.

waiting for hebrew support more than 2 years already come on guys..

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.