Upload photos - Image Viewer

I'm asking for the ability for normal users (non developers) to upload images to the Ionic for storage.  With the possibility for developers to create another custom App to view those images that are stored locally on the Ionic.   

For example, the Samsung Gear 3 comes built-in with a "Image Viewer" app which allows users to transfer their own photos via the Gear 3 App to the smartwatch to be viewed with the "Image Viewer". 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

7 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Anthoang! That sounds like something a lot of users could use. Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Np90
Jogger

Just wondering if possible to add my own images to the watch - just personal motivational images/

pics i can view throughout my day

or even regular reminders like on the alarm feature... just personal reminders to do something with attached images/ message

thanks

CoulterJames
Base Runner

You can build your own clock face app for the Ionic via Fitbit Studio (https://studio.fitibt.com) and you could include a background image on the screen. What sort of images/messages did you have in mind? Do you have an example?

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Anthoang and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

SarahT410
Jogger

Please add the ability to put a photo with a custom food entry.

For example, if i add a custom food and enter "crumbed hake", in a few months time I won't remember which crumbed hake it was since there are so many varieties that all have different calorie counts. It would be really great to be able to add a photo to it, of the box for example or of the actual item, so that when I log that food in the future, I can see exactly what box or package it came in or what the item looked like and remember exactly which item it was.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SarahT410, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion has been Reviewed by Moderator so I’ve moved your post here since it's the same idea. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.