Wahoo sync to Fitbit Integration

I use a Wahoo Tickr X heart rate strap dying workouts. I'd love to be able to upload those workouts (including heart rate and GPS data) to my Fitbit account... Right now I have to enter it manually. Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

48 Comments
Dansap
First Steps
Getting the Fitbit to interact with the kicker
Download activity and work intensity
For the kickr to pickup heart rate from the Fitbit
Rachkamloops
Jogger
I meant "during workouts" of course, darn autocorrect.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I like this idea. It would be great to have the option to connect the Wahoo Tickr to the Fitbit app to check heart rate data. It will benefit all the users that use Wahoo. Thanks for your suggestion. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please please work at an agreement to link Fitbit data with the Wahoo Fitness app.
mroush
Premium User
Base Runner
Please integrate wahoo activities into Fitbit. It already exports to Strava, Runkeeper and many other services.
Aene
First Steps

The fitbit surge ought to be compatible with wahoo fitness and with training peaks. Those are pretty much the best tri apps, and the fitbit is almost perfect for it (no swimming, unfortunately).

Flaca8
First Steps

Hello,

I have a Fitbit Alta but I don't know what should I buy/download additionally in order to measure my heart rate and get accurate data on my calories burned in Spinning class.

Can I sync Wahoo monitor to Fitbit? if not what other app/device can I use to track heart rate that can be synced to my Fitbit Alta?

mroush
Premium User
Base Runner
I have a Wahoo TickrX that I use with Wahoo’s RunFit and Strava. Unfortunately Strava cannot calculate calories without GPS so Wahoo activities need to be entered manually. I wish Fitbit would just allow for connection of a BT HRM… That would also solve the problem and negate the need to connect to other apps.
Chntelle
First Steps

I just got my Fitbit Charge 2 in the mail & think it's awesome! I chose this Fitbit over others because of the great reviews online and because I liked the style way more than other comparable fitness trackers; however, because the Fitbit Charge 2 isn't waterproof, I plan to use my Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor while swimming! I have fallen in love with the Fitbit App & would be thrilled to be able to sync my Wahoo Tickr to the app! (P.S. I love that Fitbit has a page where users can request product/software updates-- high fives all around! Love it!) 

Qtkaylee04
First Steps

I loveee this Fitbit! But I prefer my Wahoo chest strap for accuracy, heart rate zones, time in each zone, percentage in each zone, etc. It would be great if wahoos data and GPS could sync into Fitbit! *fingers crossed*

Patelnina89
First Steps

Make Wahoo fitness app compatible with Fitbit so that it automatically logs workouts to Fitbit. 

djboah
Jogger

I think it's would be great as I use wahoo and it syncs with a lot of other fitness apps and products that are smaller than Fitbit and I use my charge HR for heart rate but can't sync it to wahoo.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Cycling2
First Steps

Please work with Wahoo to make FitBit compatible. I use Wahoo Fitness app to track my cycling exercise and so far I don't see the Fitbit HR monitor showing up on the Wahoo app.

Please advise!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi @Cycling2. Wahoo fans may want to start sending letters to Wahoo. Get both sides motivated. In the meantime, the best place to post your suggestion is in the Feature Suggestion Forum. Here is link to the page where others have suggested similar ideas. Add your voice by voting. Fitbit looks to see how many are voting for particular ideas. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can’t tell about possible future plans for this integration on our side, but I still wanted to highlight the fact that many integration is done by the 3rd party application, service or product like this one. Even if we don’t do it ourselves, Wahoo developers would be able to sync the workouts you made within Fitbit by using our Activity & Exercise Logs Web API. I suggest you contact them also to request this feature. Note that there is no way to add GPS data into Fitbit from external source and that it's not possible to link the HR monitor directly to the Fitbit app.

Jennyray
First Steps

Would love to have the Fitbit Ionic sync with Wahoo Bolt. As a cyclist, who trains indoors many days, I feel there isn’t a great setup to track that with Fitbit yet. If Fitbit would import my wahoo and strava data, my numbers would reflect much more accurately and I would be a very happy customer!

Beanya
First Steps

Yes would love to integrate Fitbit with my Wahoo Fitness app

716elizabeth
First Steps

I would also like my Fitbit Alta to pair with Wahoo fitness app. 

Donna80
Base Runner

Technology is changing all the time and there are some perfect integration options available for Fitbit to consider now.

Wahoo have Speed and Cadence sensors that can attach to any suitable spin bike -- for example they can attach easily to the new JLL IC400 Elite spin bike with just two pieces of 3M backing tape, and most likely the JLL IC300 Pro/Basic also with a little fiddling -- reporting the exact same figures as the IC400 bike display within the Wahoo Fitness app over Bluetooth (after inputting the wheel circumference of 1.42m), but strangely there is no integration option for the Fitbit app!!

So, right now, I can start a spin workout with my Fitbit Versa, or my previous Fitbit Charge 2, and have none of the useful information on speed, distance, or cadence recorded, and even the calories count is suspiciously low. This is terrible reporting for a workout and really doesn't help me reach my goals.

Surely adding support for the popular Wahoo sensors would be a fairly straightforward and highly beneficial integration for Fitbit to add.

Spin is a very common workout and wouldn't you want to keep your customers in the Fitbit app, not looking for alternatives.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

gfitabit
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit

Where would that get us? So each of the hundreds of Fitbit community members must now email Wahoo? Fitbit has received hundreds of requests now to integrate with Wahoo so there is clearly a need. Why wouldn't Fitbit listen to their users for once and THEY reach out out to Wahoo? or perhaps Fitbit just doesn't care about their user experience?

Donna80
Base Runner

Yeah, its definitely nuts for Fitbit to ask it's customer base, those who have voted in each of the various Wahoo threads and those who haven't, to each reach out to Wahoo to start discussion of a collaboration between the two companies.

It would hold far more weight if Fitbit contacted Wahoo themselves.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This idea has only received 59 votes. That’s not very many so yes, at this point, the best thing would be for those interested to contact Wahoo customer service. 

Cycling2
First Steps
FitBit is already integrated with many apps. Was that something that required users to initiate or was FitBit able to accomplish those other integrations on their own.

I purchase a FitBit with my own hard earned money. I then ask FitBit if it’s possible to integrate with one of my other favorite techie toys.

FitBit tells me it’s up to me to do their job of reaching out to Wahoo! Huh?

I wonder where my hard earned money goes next time?

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.