Next Generation Waterproof Tracker like Charge 2/Charge HR

With the release of the Flex 2, I was hoping for a display on a waterproof tracker, preferably with heart rate tracking. To my surprise, they actually released one (Ionic). Now, the Ionic's great and all, but I'm not really looking to buy a smartwatch as an upgrade to a Flex 2. Therefore, I started brainstorming, and came up with these ideas:

• A "reboot" of the Force, but with the Flex 2 material so that you won't have to issue a total recall of the product (again).
  • A waterproof tracker that somewhat resembles the Charge 2. I'd also recommend clock faces with all basic stats (Steps, Calories Burned, Heart Rate) on a single screen. I don't know how you'll do that, but if you can, then by all means, go ahead.

These are the two that came to me. If anyone has any more ideas, there's a comment section below this post. You guys can come up with your own, or add to mine. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

You'll Mostly Find Me on the Feature Suggestions Page
153 Comments
stylinginsilver
First Steps

I would LOVE to see a Fitbit like the Charge (or a new design) that was waterproof and had a one year battery. I have changed to a Garmin Vivofit 3, but would come back to Fitbit in a heartbeat if these added features came into play.

JHH26
Jogger

I would love the same exact thing! I loved my Fitbit but live in Florida and were are always in the pool. So I would take off my fitbit and forget to put it back on later....and I would miss so much activity that day. I also could NOT stand having to charge it every few days. It was countless times of me laying in bed realizing that I needed to get back up again to charge the darn fitbit! 

SO I SWITCHED TO VIVOFIT2. And I LOVE IT! However, Garmin's App doesn't hold a candle to Fitbit's and the app is what I do not love about my Vivofit. I love the friendly competition of staying active that you have on the FitBit App. You can easily find people you know and connect to them. With Garmin Connect, you have to know the person's exact screan name to find them. So I have 0 connections because here is a shocker...MOST PEOPLE HAVE A FITBIT! 

PLEASE FITBIT - Make a tracker with a 1 year battery and waterproof and similar in size like the Vivotfit. 

I will switch back in a heartbeat the minute FitBit has a tracker like the Vivofit - 1 year Battery and Waterproof! I mean it's such a simple concept. What is taking Fitbit so long to do this? 

Joeys-Mama
First Steps
It's kind of ridiculous that the trackers aren't waterproof. Some of us sweat a lot and it seems it's causing the trackers to short circuit or do other crazy things like delete steps. I hate that I have to take it off every time I wash my hands. As the mother of a young child, I'm constantly washing me hands because kids can be/are gross yuck magnets. 😫😜😂. You made the Blaze waterproof. Why can't you apply that technology to the other likes. I like the Charge HR because it's small, unlike the Blaze. I really don't want to wear a huge watch like the Blaze so fix the Charge, please.
Cubsfan
Jogger
Great idea, or where while swimming to help with calorie counts.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yes please!
Status changed to: Not currently planned
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

All Fitbit trackers are water-resistant, which means that they are rain-proof, splash-proof, and can stand up to sweaty workouts. A little water won't hurt the tracker, but please do not swim or shower with your tracker on.

Additionally the Blaze tracker is also water-resistant, not water-proof. I would recommend voting and commenting on this very similar feature request if it's a feature that you would like to see from Fitbit.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was also disappointed to learn they are not waterproof. I have the blaze so its 'sweat proof' and 'water resistent' but being water proof would cover both of these and MORE! Swimming is still an 'activity'....

Shootandwalk
First Steps
I do lots of walking outdoors so if I'm caught in a downpour will it survive? If it doesn't who is at fault? My Sony mobile has an ip rating so it's a shame I cannot trust my alta outdoors. Walking in the rain the other day I felt I had no choice but to leave it at home.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
If you're out and about, I find it's fine. It's survived me showering
the 3 year old and being caught in the rain without a jacket, but in the
bath and the pool, that I know is a no.
The mains contact is against your skin, so hidden from most splashes and
should (imho) be OK. 🙂
buygeorge589
Jogger

I don't know why this would be declined.  I swim as part of my weight loss and recovery and not being able to wear my fit bit is disheartening.  I would like it to record my workout.  I have been considering other products because of this.  I don't want to wear the big one - it just is not feminine enough.  I wish the Charge HR could be made water resistant so that I could record my swim.

Incognito
Tempo Runner

It is being declined because it is a duplicate.  The moderator even posted a link to it.  People need to read and also do a search before creating "new" ideas.

JRMartin
First Steps
I currently own the Fitbit Blaze and Charge HR. Although I do love these watches, since I run obstacle course races I need to have a waterproof and impact proof (resistance) watch with GPS. Does Fitbit have or plan to have in the near future such a watch?
Phelm
First Steps
I have the Fitbit Alta and feel.like it would be easy to add a plug to the charging points on he inside that would allow me to use it for water exercises. What do you think?
Kirvin3
Jogger
If $20 watches and many cell phones can be made waterproof, I really think all Fitbits should be as well! I shouldn't have to take off my watch to shower, or move a sprinkler in the yard, or give my son a bath. If I do those I then need to bury the thing in rice because the screen is obscured with condensation!
jmgrella
First Steps
PLEASE make a waterproof charge. I absolutely love my charge more than any other active watch I've tried. I would LOVE to keep my charge but I'm about to get a job as a lifeguard and need something swim proof. I would hate to switch over to something else because I love the sleek design of my charge and LOVE the design of the Fitbit app. Do you know if there will be a waterproof charge any time soon?
CoachDave13
First Steps

I agree about the waterproofing. I do not swim, but perspiration, and possible accidents could possibly cause harm to the device.

Eyore
Jogger
We need a waterproof Fitbit. I am hugely disappointed that my device cannot track my daily water aerobics and water jogging. I may end up buying Garmin instead going forward.
AcadiaSelkie
Recovery Runner

I like the features of the new Charge2, including the interchangable bands which look much more secure than bands for Flex2.   If you can create a waterproof version of Charge2 that can handle rough waves, swiming laps, hiking, etc., I'll be very happy.  Sometimes you need to keep track of time while in the pool or ocean, and having a waterproof tracker that also works as a watch, with smartphone notifications, touch screen, and a secure band is ideal.  Lots of other companies already do this....  I'd like to stay with Fitbit instead of buy another brand so please get it together quickly!!

Moderator edit: Labels 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Smiley Wink

emilipeake
First Steps

I'm so upset that the Charge 2 isnt waterproof!! 

This would be the best thing! 

Great suggestion!! 

rliow
Jogger

i am wearing charge HR for almost a year.  i am waiting eagerly for next generation charge hr.  when i read about the features of charge2, i am totally disappointted it is not waterproof.  Why is it so difficult to make it waterproof?  even a cheap digital watch can do that.  Fitbit, please let us know what are your challenges about making it waterproof? my personal opinion maybe fitbit is reseaching on how to accurately read heartbeat while immerse in water.

Doughs
First Steps

I concurr with having a Charge2 that would have the swimming features of the Flex2.  I am a old, former triathlete who can no longer compete due to health (heart and prostate cancer) reasons but my doctors want me to execise and monitor vitals such as HR, sleep, etc.... The Charge2 comes as close as any exercise tracker that I have reviewed except it's missing the swim capabilities. This would help me pursue a good quality of life.

Apenny620
Jogger
It would be great if the Charge HR was made waterproof, not water resistant but waterproof. I would think that it would not be that difficult for example you could do something like Otterbox where a piece would snap into the charger section to prevent water damage but still be able to remove the piece to charge it. Or something like Samsung does with a piece that snaps into the charger area so it does not get damaged. I think it would be a great selling option especially for people who like mud runs, trialethions and such. Thank you for considering this and I do LOVE my HR Charge.
I love to swim...it's one of my favorite activities/exercises. I was looking good at the specs from the new Charge and was bummed when I saw it wasn't waterproof (but another 'Bit is...I think the Alta...??). I LOVE my Charge HR and if they made a waterproof one, I'd purchase it asap (even tho my CHR is only a few months old). I think a lot of us out there are wishing for this.
Zigmo
First Steps
+1 I would pay another $30 - $50 if it was waterproof. My girlfriend who is a charter boat captain went with the waterproof Garmin with HR monitoring. I'm on the fence waiting for a full feature waterproof Fitbit.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.