HR data display measuring times at different levels of activity intensity

In my view, a better measure of my keeping excersised is not how many footsteps I do in a day,  but how much time I spend at different levels of activity.

The British Govt suggests either 75 minutes of cardio, or 150 minutes of low intensity excercise per week as a target.  A recent paper suggested that the maximum Nos of minutes at high intensity activity per week should be around 30 to 40 minutes per week.  Surveys of indigenous communities - which have very low levels of heart disease, suggest that typically they are active around 75 minutes per day.  And above 60 it does drop off, but only by some 10 minutes per day.  Which is far, far less than the typical drop off in physical activity in Western Societys’

I would like my Fitbit, currently a Charge 2, to be able to consolidate my heart beat data, on a weekly basis into three categories.  1.  High intensity I.e over 90% of my calcuted maximum heart rate for my age, (and aim to do about 30 minutes  per week)’. 2.  My aggregate number of minutes in Cardio (and maybe aim for some 70 minutes per week) and,  3.   Aim for over 150 minutes per week at fat burn.

Technical  I am sure that this would not be possible.  My Fitbit gathers the basic data already.

The Question is are there others in the Fitbit community who have a similar need/ demand?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

2 Comments
GaelP
Jogger

Yes! I set goals for myself in terms of the number of minutes per week in the cardio zone. It would be great if my Fitbit kept track of this for me. Especially, I'd love to see a screen on my Charge 2 watch showing "cardio minutes" as well as active minutes.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @GDixie and commenters, I think just like you guys. Having this option in our trackers would be awesome. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.