Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit period on Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This seems to be the most complicated thing to do. I need to edit but this "drag" way to do it just isn't working. How am I supposed to keep accurate track when I cant edit?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok I figured out a way. In settings, turn the predictions off. It will let you choose the dates. Once done, turn it back on and you're good to go.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

May we have a screen shot @AmyC76, or a better idea what this period is that you want to add or edit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

20180807_170957.jpg

Today is the 1st day but it has it estimated later so I edited it to be today but cant get it to move to the 11th. So I need 7-11 not 7-13.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AmyC76,

I'm going to move your post to the Female Health Board, where your question can get the attention it deserves.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I agree that this is a real pain. The tracker seems to count its predicted periods as periods regardless of whether they're accurate. (I'm perimenopausal-- they're never going to be accurate.) It took me several minutes to drag the dates on my cell phone to get rid of the period that was predicted. This should be a much easier function as tracking is primarily what this is for.

Best Answer

Hey there @AmyC76 and @leduck, it's nice to see you around! Thanks for moving the post and helping out guys @Rich_Laue and @WavyDaveySmiley Very Happy 

If you're having issues when you try to edit your period, can you please follow these steps and make sure you're running version 2.76 for your Fitbit app?

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Once you've made sure that your app is updated, let's try editing the period again. Please note that on Android phones you need to be a little more careful when dragging.

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'll give these suggestions a try. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No matter what I do, I cant drag the 13th back to the 9th. I'm just suggesting maybe a title on the PC board to help. I know Android has a bit harder time but this is insane.20180810_133044.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I figured out a way. In settings, turn the predictions off. It will let you choose the dates. Once done, turn it back on and you're good to go.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting. I'm going to try this out because editing the dates has been such a pain. I'm about to re-download my other app that was much easier to use. I love Fitbit but this feature isn't easy to use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the picture provided and also for sharing what has worked for you @AmyC76Smiley Wink After turning predictions back on, did you experience any inconvenience? Were your dates saved perfectly?

Please let us know the outcome after you try those steps @Dane1178

I'll be gathering your information and pass it to our team. Looking forward to your response my friends! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, no. When trying to edit it, it's not letting me predict that
it will start tomorrow on the 12th or drag the dot over. The 11th falls at
the edge of the calendar and whenever a date is there, it's not easy to
just drag the dot down to the second line.

Thanks!

--

Moderator edit: personal information removed

Best Answer

Hi @Dane1178 thanks for getting back and sharing your feedback. Smiley Happy

I was just trying to do the same thing that you're trying, but you can't edit Predicted Periods nor add periods starting in the future; you can read more about it here: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?  In this case you can wait for the next day and then Add a period and save it. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I updated my app, periods were easier to edit by far. I was able to edit mine with no problem. However, an annoying thing about the feature is that the app counts predicted periods as periods even if you tell it that your period hasn't started. And then it displays this inaccurate information. This feature needs to calculate cycles on the basis of confirmed periods, not predicted.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @leduck, I'm glad to hear that your periods were easier to edit after updating your app. 

Fitbit uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. Log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

Based on the information you provide about your menstrual cycle, you can see predictions of future periods and fertile windows. For more information about how to see predictions, see How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Please take a look if you haven't already. For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Let @YojanaFitbit or me know if we can be of further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution does not work for me. I have been trying to delete or edit an incorrectly logged period with a one day length on a Sunday. I can't drag it so it extends over to Sunday / Monday, and I can't drag it backwards so it extends over Friday / Saturday. Whenever I try doing this, the app forces me to create a brand new period on top of the other one. I tried removing predictions so I could manually edit the length of the period, but the app will not let me do that.

Can we please just get a date picker? Why do we need this fiddly calender dragging UI when apparently it doesn't even work on Android half the time? 

Best Answer

Hey there @brinstar, thanks for jumping in here and following the suggestions provided in this thread. If you're still unable to edit/update your period, can you please try following the recommendations that @YojanaFitbit has shared in this post?

Let us know if that works for you! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this does not work. Tapping the pencil icon on a period that is 1 day long only allows me to add a new period. It does not allow me to edit or delete the existing period  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @brinstar, thanks for stopping by! Are you getting any error message?

To add or edit a period: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

To delete a period:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon.
  4. Tap or click Delete.

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180820-093251_Fitbit.jpg

HI, 

There is no error message. 

Yes the period I want to edit or delete meets all of the requirements. I am trying to follow all of these steps you listed, but the app will not let me edit or delete the period.

The pencil icon shows up, but when I click on it, I don't get the option to edit or delete. I only get the option to add. I can't drag the dates because the app won't allow me to do this off of the edge of the phone. I have attached a screen shot that shows the 1-day period that I would like to change so that it's more than 1 day or at least delete it so I can start over. The app will not allow me to edit or delete. 

Best Answer