Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit period

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot drag and edit my period over from Sunday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday. My periods can be very erratic so this is very unhelpful. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the info provided and for attaching the picture in your previous post @Sayhey8Smiley Very Happy 

Would you  mind to attach another screen shot while you do the process of editing your period? Like mine above, and let me know if you get the error that is being showed up in yellow:

edit period.jpg

If you're, please keep in mind what I said above (here). A period must be less than 11 days, otherwise you cannot drag your dates forward or backward. 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

A warm welcome to the Community @Sayhey8! I would like you to confirm you're doing the following troubleshooting to edit your periods: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon (pencil icon) to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

If you're doing the procedure posted above but you're still having issues, try the following tips

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello,

I did all of those troubleshooting things. When I am in editing mode, I
cannot move it past the Saturday/Sunday mark (or, in my case, the
Sunday/Monday divide because I have weeks starting on Monday). Here is a
picture:

period edit.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Sayhey8! The picture you tried to attach wasn't posted in your reply, would you mind trying again? 

As my friend @SilviaFitbit said, if a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Hope this clarifies what you may be experiencing. Keep us posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have uploaded the picture. 

I have done all of these things. I can move the period left from Sunday and right from Monday, but I cannot move it from Sunday to Monday.

Edit: You have to drag down to move a period to the next week. You cannot drag it over left to right.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info provided and for attaching the picture in your previous post @Sayhey8Smiley Very Happy 

Would you  mind to attach another screen shot while you do the process of editing your period? Like mine above, and let me know if you get the error that is being showed up in yellow:

edit period.jpg

If you're, please keep in mind what I said above (here). A period must be less than 11 days, otherwise you cannot drag your dates forward or backward. 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Thanks for posting this and figuring it all out yourself! Sure helped me out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Melanie4191! I'm glad to hear you found this thread helped you Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Don't hesitate to let @SilviaFitbit or me know if you need anything else! 

Best Answer

You guys need to fix this problem. The above solution does not work. When you are trying to edit your period from starting on a Saturday (the farthest day to the right) to Sunday (which is the next day but down one line and farthest to the left) you CANNOT edit it. The slider only goes left or right and since the start day is not right (in this case it is down a line) editing with the slide does not work. This is a UI issue. You need to change your product so that you can edit NOT ONLY WITH THE SLIDE but also by entering dates. I would talk to your product team. This is very annoying. Many women have unpredicable periods and need to edit every month. 

Best Answer

Hi Laura!

You have to drag down the first date of the period to move it to a different week. It is super unintuitive, I agree. I think it is an serious UI issue. 

I also don't like how it assumes your period starts on a day. Other period tracking apps I've used have "period is x days late" until I tell the app my period has started. 

Best Answer

Dragging up and down is not working on Android. I agree with Laura. This feature, if the slide is the only option. Luckily my periods do not last a whole week, but I cannot edit it to move back up to the end of the previous week, so back to a separate period tracker I go. Will advise my followers of the same until this is fixed.

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Thanks for joining us @LauraWL and @KBut, welcome the Forums. Your help is really appreciated @Sayhey8Robot Happy

Thanks a million for sharing your feedback. I was trying to edit the period length in my App, in a similar scenario to the one that you described; and I tried the following:

Edit period lenght.png
edit a period lenght 2.png

I know, it looks pretty basic! But I wanted to give it a try and  I noticed that if I wanted to keep moving from the 12th to the 11th for example; I needed to edit the 15th to the 14th or 16th first. So basically, you need to drag the end date before having the option to drag the initial date again. If you're having issues or make a mistake with the dates, you can save it then keep editing the dates. Or you can also cancel it and start from scratch too. Hope it helps! 

We're taking your comments and feedback very seriously, as user experience is really important for us. Please know that we provide feedback to our team taking in count the comments on the Community and we are always working on improving our features and overall environment based on what you share.

@LauraWL Thanks for your suggestion, on having an option to enter the start and end date instead. Please consider adding this suggestion to our Feature Suggestions board, where our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.  As a piece of advise, please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

I'll be around in case that you have questions about this. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you for the clear directions.  I had been trying to drag it from a Sunday back to a Saturday and I could not get it to go to the previous week.  This was helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @kdwilliamson222! Great news my friend. I'm glad to hear that the steps provided by @YojanaFitbit were helpful. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, ive been trying for 2 days to get edit. Mine starts on a friday and ends on the sunday, but my period came today,Wednesday. I cant get the predicted end date to move up to the current date. I can only move the start date. The slide is annoying and half the time doesnt pick up that im tapping on it and sliding it. Getting super frustrated..

Best Answer

Welcome on board @R.S, it's nice to see you here! Can you let me know what platform of the Fitbit app are you using? iOS or Android? 

While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Give this a go and let me know if this works! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My edit pencil is greyes out and when I tap it nothing happens I have tried holding on the date nothing happens. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Very annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sweeneysue and @Anabelen1239! Have you tried what my friend @YojanaFitbit has shared here?

If you can send us a screenshot showing what you get when trying to edit your periods, that would be awesome! 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually figured it out. It worked when I clicked on yesterday’s date, the edit button wasn’t greyed out and I was able to edit my period.

thanks for checking! 🙂

Best Answer