Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from Windows 10 app to Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I have a question about the syncing of period data from the Windows 10 FitBit app to the Android app - does it work? I entered my period data into my Win 10 app and now that the FHT is available on Android as well, I expected to have it available. The Android app displays a correct prediction on the Today screen but if I tap on the tile I am prompted to set up FHT again. I am worried if I continue with the prompts my data will be lost.

Isn't the FH data kept in my fitbit account? Must I only setup the FHT on one device?

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JR-Fire @avocadotoast Hello! I'm happy to help you two Windows 10/Android users out. Smiley Happy

To begin, we've started releasing Female Health tracking to Android users. So you will see it available if not already, very soon. Just make sure you update the Fitbit for Android app to the latest version 2.72

If you have started using it already on your Windows 10 devices, you should be able to see the information on the Android app after it has fully released. Please let me gather more information and I will provide an update for you here. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I use both the Windows 10 app on my laptop and the Android app on my phone. I have Female Health Tracking set up through Windows 10. I am getting period notifications on my Android app, which I was surprised to see. However, if I click into the notification, the app crashes and I get a message saying "Fitbit has stopped working." If I re-open the app, I get a message that "Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required." I suspect this happens because Female Health Tracking isn't available on Android so the notification doesn't know where to direct to when it's clicked. This should be fixed so that period notifications aren't pushed to Android (or hurry up and release the feature to Android users).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've started a thread for reporting bugs in this tracker. You might want to add this to that thread and also raise it as an issue with customer support.

Also oh dear. If it's any consolation, they have started rolling out the tracker in Android and I've had it since yesterday. Although it's so bad it's not worth using. Clue is an app a lot of us here like. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JR-Fire @avocadotoast Hello! I'm happy to help you two Windows 10/Android users out. Smiley Happy

To begin, we've started releasing Female Health tracking to Android users. So you will see it available if not already, very soon. Just make sure you update the Fitbit for Android app to the latest version 2.72

If you have started using it already on your Windows 10 devices, you should be able to see the information on the Android app after it has fully released. Please let me gather more information and I will provide an update for you here. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @AlessFitbit, I'd be grateful if you could let me know what information you find on this.

As I mentioned, yes, I now have the tile in both Android and Windows 10 but on Android it wants me to set it up again (it doesn't read my data already entered in the Windows 10 app in my account).

As for other apps, yes, I'm aware quite a few exist but I want to correlate it with my fitbit data. Also, I'd rather not have one more app 🙂 Btw, I've been using Flo, it's okay, good calculations.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avocadotoast, I'm on the latest atm 2.72 version and I do not get any crashes but I haven't yet had notifications for my period. I'll report in a couple of days if clicking on a notification crashes the app.

Other than that FHT is officially released on Android, so I'm not quite certain what you mean.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JR-Fire wrote:

@avocadotoast, I'm on the latest atm 2.72 version and I do not get any crashes but I haven't yet had notifications for my period. I'll report in a couple of days if clicking on a notification crashes the app.

Other than that FHT is officially released on Android, so I'm not quite certain what you mean.

hey @JR-Fire I don't have the option to update my Fitbit app on Android yet, so it hasn't been released to all users. I had actually posted my message in my own thread, and for some reason, the mod decided to combine my thread with yours and now my message is showing as a response on your thread instead. @AlessFitbit not sure why you did this because our topics are not the same and now it's just confusing everyone who is reading this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JR-FireI updated my Android app today and got the prompts on Android to set up the FHT all over again. I can confirm that after clicking through the prompts, all my previous data that I entered in Windows 10 transferred over to Android, including past periods and log information.

Best Answer

@avocadotoast Hey, sorry if merging the threads caused you any confusion. I noticed both conversations mentioned Windows 10 and the Fitbit for Android app, so I wanted to unify them to offer some help. The Fitbit for Android app, version 2.72 has been released to all android users now. 

@JR-Fire Hi, there! I was able to confirm that you will need to onboard again in the Fitbit for Android app, if you would like to use the female health tracking feature on your mobile device. Your data will not transfer over from when you onboarded in the Windows 10 app, but @avocadotoast mentioned her data remained. Please let me know how it goes for you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes