Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend period tracking for more than 10 days

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you please update female tracking to allow for longer than 10 days?  It's disappointing that the feature cannot be used to accurately track my cycle since it does not allow a long enough duration.  

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 10/2/18

Hey everyone! 

I have some exciting news. Smiley Happy You can now log a period for up to 60 days in the Female health tracking tile. Make sure you update the Fitbit app to the latest version 2.80. 

Thanks so much for providing your feedback and I hope this helps to more accurately track your periods. 

For more information, please check out our help article with more details: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

@Bithimala Welcome to the Female health tracking board! Smiley Happy So glad to see a new face trying this out. 

We really appreciate your feedback as this is a newly released feature for Fitbit users. I'd like to direct you to our Feature Suggestions board, where I have already found a Feature Suggestion that matches yours. Please consider voting! We hope to make many improvements to come. 

For now, a period can only be logged for less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So I have Polcyatic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS) and I tried putting in all my data from previous cycles and it wont let me add a period that is longer than 10 days. Why is there a limit? What about women who an abnormal period length from medical problems? This feature shouldn’t be limited. Who agrees?

Best Answer

I was excited when I saw the period tracker on my app. The problem is that I am perimenopausal and trying to track very erratic periods. Sometimes they last 30 days (Yes, that is 30 days with bleeding!) sometimes it's 90 days between cycles, sometimes 14. My tracking helps my doctor decide how to treat what's going on. The new feature only allows periods of 10 days max. Can that be overrided? (overridden?)

Best Answer

Has anyone else found the new female health tracking a waste of time? As a woman with PCOS and an irregular cycle I find it completely useless. For starters, you can only log a period for 10 days... I am currently on day 12 and cannot log this accurately now, according to the app I am also in my fertile window (what a load of rubbish)!!

As someone with an irregular cycle I would be expecting the app to not have a generic cycle assumption but maybe collate the data and work it out accordingly instead of insisting I stick to a set number of days when it isn't the case.

I can see how this would work for people who are totally regular and on time every month but it does not take into account anyone with any anomalies and it makes me feel more of an outsider knowing that nothing like that has been considered in the production of this section of the tracker.

For now, I will stick to the Eve app which I feel is far more suited for me. Does anyone know if there is a feedback section for Fitbit? I would love to try and assist them in improving this section!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I have been struggling to enter my previous period data into the fitbit app. I am constantly getting denied the ability to log actual dates due to the app not allowing periods over 10 days or periods too close together. I know my situation isn't "normal" but it's important to be able to log my actual cycles so I can have that info to show my ObGyn. A generic black dot that could mean anything doesn't help. At least quick ref. Visuals for heavy bleeding days or similar would be nice. Or the ability to turn off the apps insistence that my period can't be as long as it actually is.

Best Answer

Lynne, you should post this on the Female Health Tracking Forum dedicated to this purpose.

Best Answer

I am some what irregular however do not have PCOS and not as long as yours however when it comes to calculating the fertile window, I am sure it takes a few months of data to have a better idea on timing. I have been using the P tracker for years and was excited to use FitBits. I have an IUD and the fertile timing to me doesn't matter right now. 

Now this may be a stupid question, but does yours actually last over 10 days?!? That's intense. 

Regarding feed back people usually monitor these forums. I have seen that you aren't the only one stating 10 day max is not correct for some women. 

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I found a link where you can vote for this extension: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Extend-the-10-day-period-tracker/idi-p/2722339

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HippieEffects @Majorslady Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences on the Female health tracking board. 

Please vote for this feature suggestion to hopefully have this implemented in the future! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @elscee! I'm glad to see a new member around. Robot Very Happy 

We really appreciate your feedback as this is a newly released feature for Fitbit users. I'd like to direct you to our Feature Suggestions board, as my friend @faerieflyinfree did. This suggestions is under "Extend the 10 day period tracker". Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show your support.

We hope to make many improvements to come. I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@faerieflyinfree wrote:

I am some what irregular however do not have PCOS and not as long as yours however when it comes to calculating the fertile window, I am sure it takes a few months of data to have a better idea on timing. 

I put in a year and a half of period dates, which Fitbit can see together with my resting heart rate (apparently this goes up with ovulation, Clue did a study using Fitbit data), and have entered fertile cervical fluid for the last six months of that.  It's still calculating my luteal phase wrong. 

We can't put in BBT data, which is the easiest way to track ovulation.  They could at least ask us if we know our luteal phase lengths, as many fertility apps do even when they don't use BBT data.

Best Answer

Hey @Calathea77, thanks for jumping into this thread!  As I have mentioned in this board where you have been also interacting, at this time you cannot be able to log your temperature. However, you can vote in the following feature suggestions in regards to the ability to log temperature:

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you in the meantime! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing! Why does it make me add days when my period may not show for months!! I was hoping to find a contact section, but haven’t found one yet. I hope they change it soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it I can only track 10 days worth of my period. I am not regular and am currently on day 16 of my cycle but can’t track all of it due to the apps limitations. 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @Nh1994 @Nsmith242Smiley Very Happy As @AlessFitbit shared with you, if you're interested in implementing this option in the Female Health Tracking, vote for the suggestion Extend 10 day period tracker.

Any additional questions, let us know!  

Best Answer

When I saw that FitBit had added the period tracker I was excited. Finally I would be able to tell my doctor something concrete instead of ‘my periods are long’. But for some reason periods have been limited to 10 days long. In the app, unfortunately not in real life 😒. So maybe instead of making rules that increase the feeling of being some sort of freak FitBit could let women record exactly what their bodies are doing? My record is about 23 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see a new member here in the Female Health board @SunsetRunner! Woman Very Happy We really appreciate your feedback as this is a newly released feature for Fitbit users. I'd like to direct you to our Feature Suggestions board. This suggestions is under "Extend the 10 day period tracker". Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show your support.

We hope to make many improvements to come. I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

💙 So I’m perimenopausal. 💙

My period likes to last a sweet 21 days. This is typical for me. This is typical for many of my perimenopausal friends and I guess non friends.  

The Female Health Tracker won’t accept this and corrects me in a red font (apt🤦🏻‍:female_sign:) to tell me: sorry, maximum period length is 10 days. 

I’ve been told by email from Fitbit support that typically a period lasts less than 10 days.

I am 51 years old. I am perimenopausal. I know what a typical period looks like, feels like and the duration of a typical period. It’s 21 days. 

So it seems perimenopausal women are excluded from enjoying the benefits of this app 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoGaudrn hey there and welcome to the community. I feel your frustration. I think this was developed with the masses in mind and uses an algorithm that is applicable to "most'. I know that fitbit is keen to hear feedback and next generation enhancements. I would visit the suggested features board and make the suggestion or see if one already exists and you can add your vote... 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer