Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend period tracking for more than 10 days

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you please update female tracking to allow for longer than 10 days?  It's disappointing that the feature cannot be used to accurately track my cycle since it does not allow a long enough duration.  

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome on board @JoGaudrn, it's nice to see a new member here! Woman Very Happy I agree with my friend @emili. We really appreciate your feedback as this is a newly released feature for Fitbit users.

I'd like to redirect you to our Feature Suggestions board. This suggestion is under "Extend the 10 day period tracker". Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show your support.

We hope to make many improvements to come. I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, so I’ve noticed that you can’t track a period for longer than 10 days or log that you’re pregant. This is a major oversight on the developer’s part. There are a large number of women who agree that this should be added (https://www.facebook.com/777621335652674/posts/1844944632253667/)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 08/5/18

Hi everyone - We realize that everyone is different and are working to expand period logging beyond 10 days in the future. As we launched female health tracking in our app, we aimed to meet the needs of most women, and existing medical research told us that the majority of women (>90%) have periods that are 10 days or less. In the meantime, we encourage users to log flow intensity details if they have periods longer than 10 days.

Please also continue voting for the Feature Suggestion: Extend the 10 day period tracker

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Dear Aless,

It is nice to see that you keep medical research into mind. Nevertheless, you are offering a service that invites a user bias. The majority who have a nice stable cycle won't feel the need to use Female Health Tracking like the minority with issues. This minority with issues should be your target group. They want to use this feature to give them insights in their issues, help their doc etc.

Moreover, Fitbit continuously made the decision to programming in the 10 day limit (a message, url link etc) which will force the statistics to be skewed towards being 'normal'.

With Fitbit being all about statistics I feel disappointment that Fitbit decided to allow skewing of this very important health data.

With all the research available you could even use this data (really long periods, heavy bleeding, too frequent periods etc) to give advice: "we see that you are bleeding a lot, don't forget to replenish your Iron so you won't go anemic" or whatever. Like you do with the sleep service.

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @Bronthe! We appreciate your feedback in regards to this topic. We know this is very important for some users like you. That's why, as @AlessFitbit mentioned above, after receiving so much feedback our team is working to expand period logging beyond 10 days in the future. Man Wink

Don't miss the chance to vote and comment in the suggestion: Extend the 10 day period tracker. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Happy stepping! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am regular, almost as clockwork, yet this app is always out by days (despite my settings) and the slider doesn't work - you can't reduce the prediction from the original end date to the end date I now expect. 

I was really pleased when I saw this as I thought I could stop using my other tracker and keep this altogether. However Fitbit period tracker is probably 12 months of development away from being usable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @JLP500, it's nice to see you here! Woman Very HappyI totally understand your point my friend.

As mentioned here, don't miss the chance to vote and comment in the suggestion: Extend the 10 day period tracker. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure if this has been addressed, or answered, I looked and didn't find anything. 

As a person with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), I heavily rely on my period tracker. My old tracker aloud me to log however many days I needed. I have been on my period for weeks at a time, sometimes months. Unfortunately, this tracker doesn't give me the liberty to add the true amount of days I have been menstruating. I am currently on day 15 of consistent menstruation, and I can only log 11 days straight. I understand this isn't the "norm", and I "shouldn't" be menstruating this long, however I don't control it. It would be nice to have it open for women with PCOS, or other conditions that give a ridiculously non-consistent cycles. 

Best Answer

Hey there @SRGonzales2010, thanks for stopping by and for sharing your suggestion! Smiley Very Happy 

Don't miss the chance to vote and comment in the suggestion: Extend the 10 day period tracker. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. This suggestion is currently marked as "Under Consideration". Yay! Heart

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer

Thank you @MarreFitbit for your quick response. I will go and look on that board next time, I apologize, this is my first time putting anything on here. I will vote and comment on the suggestion. 

Best Answer

Don't worry my friend @SRGonzales2010. It was a pleasure to help you! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 10/2/18

Hey everyone! 

I have some exciting news. Smiley Happy You can now log a period for up to 60 days in the Female health tracking tile. Make sure you update the Fitbit app to the latest version 2.80. 

Thanks so much for providing your feedback and I hope this helps to more accurately track your periods. 

For more information, please check out our help article with more details: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Why do the period days need to be limited? There are a number of women--myself included--who have periods longer than 60 days. The main reason I use the Fitbit app is to keep track of my periods so that I can accurately discuss it with my doctor.  Please change the limit on the number of days.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes