Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Female health tracking for Android

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to log female health tracking on my Fitbit app.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

by ZoZo-MagicCat view my fitbit profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/69QYQ2
Best Answer
0 Votes
68 REPLIES 68

Hi, @xTweeter7 and @theirmom, that explains it!  The app isn't quite available for Android, but it should be only a few more weeks to wait...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well at least we have an answer. Seems odd we got the quick reply update without the female tracker, but thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @xTweeter7, the quick reply update was an update to your Fibit Ionic -- they are all the same, and they are all made by Fitbit, so one update works for all.

The Female Health Tracking is an upate to the APP, not the device itself (it will eventually be available for all female users, whatever kind of phone they use) and there are 3 different apps: iOS, Windows, and Android, so in this case 3 updates need to be built.

All Windows devices and all iOS devices work pretty much the same, so the update for them is relatively easy.  However, because of the way Amdroid is "open source" each phone manufacturer is allowed to tweak it in very different ways.  This means that it is much trickier to create an Android update that works across the whole range of devices that Fitbit supports.  That's why it takes just a little longer to test it and make sure it works consistently.

They are definitely not prioritising quick replies over Female Health!  It is just different issues and different programming teams with different problems.

I hope this explains it...

Best Answer

Excellent explanation, thank you very much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry if this has been addressed, and I've just missed it, but I updated the app on my s8+, and quick replies are available.  But I cannot find a tile for the female health tracking on my dashboard, or any way to even add it.  I double checked my profile, and I am registered as a female, and from what I've read, that should be all that's needed to access it.  Is it even available now, or is something not working right.

Best Answer

Female Tracking isn't available for Android just yet. However, I have accidentally found a workaround.

If you have Windows 10 + Bluetooth on your PC, install the Fitbit app (via the Windows store).

Set up/sync your device to the PC Fitbit app and this should allow you to get Female Tracking. You won't be able to make any changes to it via your phone/watch yet, but the tracking screen will display at the bottom of the "Today" section on your watch.

Hope this helps!

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Nozibabe. Thanks for coming in to help @JohnnyRow and @ZoZo-MagicCat.

As @JohnnyRow mentioned, there is a specific board for this feature. Please be sure to visit it and ask any questions about in there. 

I would move this thread there but I will be leaving it around in case someone tries to get this information on this one. 

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you could have.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have it on my versa but no my dashboard is this beacause my phone is Android ?

Best Answer

I have it on my versa but no my dashboard is this beacause my phone is Android ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @sejljc, Female Health Tracking is not yet available on the Android app, so that is why you don't have it there.  I am a little surprised to hear that you have it on your Versa, as I thought it would not appear on Ionic or Versa until at least a single period is tracked.

This is very new, and we are all still learning....  Can you clarify what you are seeing on your Versa?  Did you log a period using a computer (FHT is available on Windows 10, so that would make sense...)?

Thanks for your input!

Best Answer
0 Votes
i put in dates on computer . its giving me info just cant see the app on
dashboard on phone or laptop
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @sejljc, that will be why then.  It won't appear on your Versa until you put in dates somewhere (in your case on the computer).

The Android app update including Female Health Tracking should be available in the next few weeks.  In the meantime you can continue to enter your information using the computer, but, as you have noted, you won't see it on your app yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
can you help me with another problem , i got update and have the options to
put in my own replys to txt on phone like yes ,no im busy but not giving
the option to reply on my versa only mark as read or clear.but i have the
option to like a message from messenger?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @sejljc, I would recommend having a look at the Versa forum, and if you don't find your answer there, then post the question.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am wanting to track my periods and my friend has a Flex 2 on iPhone and has the option, I use Android but cannot see where I can add it - please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Female health tracking hasnt been released for Android yet, but it is coming soon. Android users will have to wait, but it will come!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here ! I cant seem to find it anywhere 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought you were cool FitBit team 😞

Best Answer

@Gymfreak1 @cyberprodigy Hey, there! Smiley Happy

Female health tracking is coming very soon to Android users! I don't have a date, but I'll make sure to announce it here so you're all fully aware. Very excited for you all to give this feature a try.

Stay tuned! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer