Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change period start date?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I set up my cycle in the female health tracker I accidently selected the wrong start date so my cycle prediction is off by a week. I am able to change how many days my period is and how many days my cycle is but cannot figure out how to change the start date to just shift it all by a week. Please help. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Female Health Tracking board, I'm glad to see a new member around @Jeannine12tWoman Very Happy

To add or edit a period: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

To delete a period:

2. Tap or click a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon.
  4. Tap or click Delete.

If you have trouble adding or editing a period, see our troubleshooting tips.

During your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. Tap or click Yes to confirm that your period started or Not Yet if it hasn’t started. Tap or click Edit to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day. Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight.

Your estimated fertile window automatically adjusts based on the menstrual cycle data you enter. You can’t edit fertile windows at this time. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Welcome to the Female Health Tracking board, I'm glad to see a new member around @Jeannine12tWoman Very Happy

To add or edit a period: 

2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

To delete a period:

2. Tap or click a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon.
  4. Tap or click Delete.

If you have trouble adding or editing a period, see our troubleshooting tips.

During your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. Tap or click Yes to confirm that your period started or Not Yet if it hasn’t started. Tap or click Edit to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day. Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight.

Your estimated fertile window automatically adjusts based on the menstrual cycle data you enter. You can’t edit fertile windows at this time. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Oh my goodness thank you so much it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @Jeannine12t. I'm glad to hear it worked! Smiley Wink 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

You have an awesome Sunday! Stay cool! 

Best Answer

Hi! I'm having same problem! I changed my period start date, but still shows five days until period. I do have predictions on. I've also synced multiple times. 

How do I change the days until period?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! So what I did was select the date in the calender that my period
started (the date I first chose by accident) then hit the pencil to edit
and deleted that period. Then on the calender selected the actual date that
it started and added a period. With the predictions on your count down
should change automatically. If you already did all that and the count is
off then I'm not sure what it could be. You could always try login out and
login back in again? Hope that helps.
Best Answer

That still didn't work. 

Thank you, though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Bonnie16! Thanks for the details and troubleshoot you've mentioned. I would like you to confirm you've followed this procedure to edit and save your period. Once you change the start date period, you should click on save and this will change the days to your next period. 

If you're still having this issue, please confirm you have the latest version of the app which is 2.52 for iOS and 2.73 for Android. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome here @era3335, it's nice to see a new member around! So we can help you out, would you mind giving us more details about your post? Are you having issues changing your period? Did you find @SilviaFitbit's post helpful? 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer

My issue is that the tracker will tell me 58 days until next period and then 3days later tell me I had 2days remaining infinity period ends. The app settings says I have a 28 day cycle, which is correct, but the predictions are going haywire. Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Kdingman525. Thanks for jumping in here! Hmmm... this sounds weird. Are you still having this issue with the predictions? If so, I'd recommend doing the following:

Give this a shot and let me know if your data is still displayed wrong. I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Is there an update to be able to delete a period? I do not have that option- I only have save or edit.... Also, I cannot adjust my period start date over the weekend. The app had my period starting on a Saturday but it actually started on a Monday. How can I adjust? I've clicked on the the pencil but I cannot slide past Sunday into the next week.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Beans_26, thanks for stopping by! While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

I just did this yesterday with my sister's app and it seemed to update everything correctly, just like you mentioned. Can you please let me know if by doing these steps you can edit your periods correctly?

Looking forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've noticed that it kind of sucks when trying to edit. You can usually
only edit a past period and the day of. Not in advance. If you select a
period and hit the pencil you should have the option to "save" "delete" or
"cancel". If that doesn't pop up then maybe try reinstalling the app? I'm
not sure. In order to adjust the start date of the period the best way is
to delete it and enter it again on the correct date.
Best Answer
Thanks!
I managed to delete the period and then re-enter with the proper dates. Just annoying that you can’t slide/adjust over a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi there @Jeannine12t! Did you tried what I posted here

Keep in mind that if a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

I totally understand your point @Beans_26. Thanks for confirming that you were able to manage your periods after following my recommendations above. I've passed this information to our team. 

Please stay tuned! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem where I need to change the start date to a Monday but I can't drag it across the week. Soooooooooooo annoying!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey! Yeah you can't like drag the date you have to delete the period that's
there and add a new one on the correct date!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @snowlaina, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience. Nice way to go!

Can you please try what @YojanaFitbit provided in this post?

Also, keep in mind that if you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Thanks for helping out @Jeannine12t!

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria! Yes that post worked for me! Hooray! Thankyou

Best Answer
0 Votes