Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luteal Phase adjustment

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I truly love this new feature but I noticed some discrepancies that I’d like to address:

1) Luteal phase of the cycle varies from 10-16 days, mine specifically is set at 14 days. The luteal phase automatically given by the app is 12 days and it just doesn’t work for me. The days are obviously off. If you guys could add a feature were we can choose our luteal phase, just like setting up our menstruating days and the average length of cycle, it would be perfect. 

2) I noticed that the fertile window used in the app is seven days, to my understanding, it is six days. This additional day added to the fertile window distorts the whole thing. Ovulation occurs on the last day of the fertile window, if anyone is following these predictions on the app to try to conceive, it will not work as well as it should. 

Edit: @AlessFitbit Please, review

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KMVMDU These are great questions!

The best place to find more information is our help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period? and it offers our sources. Please take a look if you haven't already. For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

They went for a 12 day luteal phase? Odd, the standard is 14. Mine is 11 so it's way off. Either way, I agree, it should be adjustable. I think they've released this at a very basic stage. 

You're fertile until three days after ovulation. Their fertile window is actually too short. They need to fix this before they get lawsuits from people relying on it for contraception. 

Best Answer

Really?? All the info I’ve read sets the fertile window at six days, five days of fertility corresponding to the life of the sperm, and the 24hr window of ovulation day. After those 24hrs are done it’s very rare for pregnancy to occur. Then again, the menstrual period is such a unique thing for each woman so 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: 

They should just be able to make it all adjustable. Apart from that I really think it’s a great addition to the fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's three days after ovulation to be sure you are no longer fertile if you are avoiding conceiving, that's basic FAM charting.  If you are trying to conceive, obviously three days later is not the optimal time.

Best Answer

@KMVMDU These are great questions!

The best place to find more information is our help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period? and it offers our sources. Please take a look if you haven't already. For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes