Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More specific conditions/symptoms in female health app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some obvious ones I don’t feel are listed in the conditions, things I like to note during my cycle.  A big one which a lot of women suffer with like Bloating and sleep deprived.  

Some ideas that could be listed in conditions 

bloated

sleep deprivation 

gassy/windy

increased appetite 

high stress

high energy 

dizziness

decrease appetite 

clotting

constipation

diarrhea

PMS

maybe there could be a bit that allows you to write in a note on a day of your choice. 

I think a pregnancy mode is definitely needed also where women can log stages in their pregnancy and also make notes where needed.  

I hope theres still to be further developments with the women’s heath app. 

UPDATE! 

To to vote for this feature click Here

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lexi83 @Calathea77 @Dngrhrds @Gabri33  @Egger88 Hey there everyone! Smiley Happy

Thanks for listing out some of your suggestions for more conditions you would like to see in the app. This is very useful feedback that I can report back to the team who engineered this feature. 

We're definitely looking to make improvements so if you have anything else you would like to add, please leave it here in this thread or create a specific Feature Suggestion for it. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Anxiety is a huge one to add. 

Best Answer

It would be great if this could be an option if the, as well, with the ability to log symptoms and the frequency of them. For instance, night sweats, hot flashes, headaches, etc, along with a frequency and other details. This would allow for even more detail to be provided to a physician in one app.

Best Answer

Hello,

Is it possible to add 'backpain' under 'conditions'. It would be very helpful.

Many thanks and a great day!

Best Answer

@mjcjones, I really think this would be a great enhancement, because, after all, many Fitbit users are a little past their fertility window.  However, this is a very new venture!  Hopefully when they see how it goes, and what women want, Fitbit will add some additonal features.

Because perimenopause can be a real challenge (I know!)

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I have also suggested the note feature. There are far too few symptoms listed  

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit I think we’d love to hear if there’s going to be further developments with the female heath app as some basic symptoms have been overlooked. I think most would all agree that we’d like to be able to type our own notes so we can keep tabs on symptoms/conditions during our cycle 

ive just added a suggestion post in hopes others will see it and vote and comment/ make suggestions. But mainly so Fitbit team see it and it gets taken in consideration. @Gabri33 @Dngrhrds @Calathea77 Please vote and comment here More conditions & note insert in female health app

Best Answer

@lexi83 @Calathea77 @Dngrhrds @Gabri33  @Egger88 Hey there everyone! Smiley Happy

Thanks for listing out some of your suggestions for more conditions you would like to see in the app. This is very useful feedback that I can report back to the team who engineered this feature. 

We're definitely looking to make improvements so if you have anything else you would like to add, please leave it here in this thread or create a specific Feature Suggestion for it. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Also, you would think the app would be intuitive enough to turn off "ovulation prediction" when you check the box that you're using the pill.

Best Answer

Other topic posters have suggested that the list of symptoms that can be logged be expanded beyond the five initial options. One way to expand versatility here is simply to allow users to type a note into any particular day's details. But better, I think, would be to add the ability to customize which symptoms are displayed (maybe just with colored circles instead of the goofy little symptom icons) and then you could choose which ones display on your version of the app. This way you could have the standard symptoms (which fitbit may be using for research purposes to improve prediction), but also one-button logging of custom symptoms specific to you. For example, my most predictive symptoms of an impending period are leg cramps and crying in public for no reason.

Best Answer

Now I'm slightly fascinated by the leg cramps thing!  Do electrolytes help?  I get Restless Leg Syndrome, but that's not the same, and I don't know how it relates to hormones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It probably is electrolyte related, but a supplement never seems to help. Runs in the family too, so it’s not just me. If I’m getting cramps in my quads, my period is definitely no more than 3 days out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What are you supplementing with? I'm on prescription iron as I turned out to have RLS due to anaemia (this is common, and prescription strength is far higher than OTC strength), and I also find that if I cut back on the magnesium supplements the RLS gets worse again too. I use electrolytes for a different medical reason(dysautonomia), and need a huge amount of them, more than I could reasonably get in supplements. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this, I was coming here specifically to request this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

while we are at it can we PLEASE get a mood logging system on fit bit! 

Best Answer

Love this addition to the app - definitely going to make use of it.

I struggle a lot with extremely low mood just before my period (PMS) and don't know if there's a way to add that to the symptoms? My symptoms are more mental over physical so it would be good to be able to either add my own symptoms or have Fitbit add them?

Personally I would find it beneficial to be able to track other conditions.

There could be others too, for example increased appetite or increased interest in sex! 

Posted here as I wasn't sure how to go about it 🙂 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Female Tracking journey @Kimbomj! I'm glad to hear you're loving this new feature, I love it too! Heart 

Your ideas are great. I was making some research and was able to find these ideas asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Point me out if you need further assistance! Woman Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm glad FItbit add the female tracker, but I would like to be able to add more stuff to it. Like the other day I forgot to take my birth control pill and wanted to add that to the tracker but there is no option. So maybe a missed pill icon should be added. Plus there are many more symptoms that happen before after and during my cycle that are not listed.  Or even adding a text box where you can type the issue for the day if your not going to add more icons. 

Best Answer

Is there a way of aligning my resting heart rate graph to my menstrual cycle? This visual would be far more meaningful than a calendar alignment, if not could this be considered as a future improvement? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your ideas @Suzii78 @LADYAB! I'm so happy to hear you're loving this app. As I've mentioned before, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our newest products and apps. Robot Very Happy 

Have you both visited the Feature Suggestion board already? If not yet, what are you girls waiting for?  I could find the following suggestions that I think they may be similar than yours. Take a look at them:

If they don't meet your needs, you can definitely create a new one. If you do so, please don't forget to share the link here so we can spread the word! Smiley Very Happy

Happy stepping! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes