Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More specific conditions/symptoms in female health app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some obvious ones I don’t feel are listed in the conditions, things I like to note during my cycle.  A big one which a lot of women suffer with like Bloating and sleep deprived.  

Some ideas that could be listed in conditions 

bloated

sleep deprivation 

gassy/windy

increased appetite 

high stress

high energy 

dizziness

decrease appetite 

clotting

constipation

diarrhea

PMS

maybe there could be a bit that allows you to write in a note on a day of your choice. 

I think a pregnancy mode is definitely needed also where women can log stages in their pregnancy and also make notes where needed.  

I hope theres still to be further developments with the women’s heath app. 

UPDATE! 

To to vote for this feature click Here

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Hi there

loving the new menstrual tracker feature. I know it’s just been released but I have a few suggestions for development:

1. Additional ‘conditions’

i think the current list is very limited for women who have more symptomatic periods. For me I suffer from insomnia around my menstural cycle and I know body temperatures change as well. This is something that I would currently track in another menstural app.

2. Consider renaming ‘Conditions’ to Symptoms

Using the term conditions gives the impression that having a period or having these symptoms are a negative thing. 

3. Remove ‘morning After pill 

4. Change ‘other’  to ‘emotions’ and add different emotions 

5. Include a Notes

Sometimes it’s nice to add more information to the day or explain a little better on what the symptom was.

6. Import data from other trackers

i have  beings using another menstural app for two years and with the introduction on Fitbit with this new feature it would be great to contain all that information under one place... instead of starting from scratch it would be great to import data from my other app into this one.

thanks

Best Answer

I think being able, ourselves, to add the specific symptoms would solve the problem. Ovuview, that is the best app to do period and fertility tracking has this option to personalize 10 symptoms adding to the most common ones. I think this might be the fastest way to solve this, since there are so many of them, and varies so much from women to women that for us to be able to personalize them, would solve the problem and please us all. 

Also, very very important for those who track their cycle is a feature to add basal body temperature! If you want to actually track ovulation, you have to do it with basal temperature information! Is like the most important data of all!

There are trackers that already track HR and basal temperature, we have to use them by night in our arm! If you would take this step it would be awesome, and a major sale point!!! Doing it all with one device! Fabulous. Also, it would mean the world to female health information, that is sooo little addressed. But very glad to see you starting to do the walk!

In the meanwhile, yes, please add this pretty basic "conditions" mentioned already.

Also would like to know if in the future the plan is for Fitbit to cross HR and sleep data with the cycle informations, or if we will have to analyze them on our own? Like at the end of the cycle, generating a report stating that the rest HR in follicular phase was x and deep sleep average was x and you were awake x, etc... the same in luteal phase. Even if not detecting a pattern, it would help us detecting it.

Thank you

Best Answer

Hey there @Eg-questions and @SunsetRunner. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your ideas and ways to improve Female Health tracking. I've found that some of the suggestions that you mentioned are already posted in our board, you may want to vote for them: 

More condition and note entry on female health

Female Health Tracking - Ability to remove morning after pill from options

Female Health Tracking - Log Emotions

Import period data from other apps

Add basal body temperature to female health algorithm

You can also post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Thanks for voting! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loving the new female tracking feature! I was wondering is the “sick” condition meant to be for nausea? That’s how I’ve been using it. If not I would recommend there be a nausea condition option as well as a depression condition; because I ALWAYS seem to be so down and gloomy a few days leading up to my period and I would be interested to see just how often that could be attributed to my cycle. 

Best Answer

I feel as though missing a BC pill can alter your cycle completely. As someone who would like to keep careful track of my cycle I do need this option. Unfortunately its something I tend to forget at times. Is there a way to put that under “other events” next to the “morning after pill”?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you both @Sailorgirl5357 and @dm362208, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Very Happy I'm gonna stick to what @SilviaFitbit suggested above. Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them. Here are them again:

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board

Have a great day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Needs more emotions

happy

sad

grumpy

irritable

energetic

motivated

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Cleo324, welcome here! Woman Very Happy I'd recommend taking a look at my post above and visit our Feature Suggestion board. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes! More “conditions.” Backache, mood swings, food cravings, fatigue, bloating, etc

Best Answer

I have the same suggestion. I get canker sores every month, and it would be great to track that as part of female health tracking.

Best Answer

It's great to see you on the Community @JAFriend and @ARiddle! Have you voted for the two main ideas posted on the Feature Suggestion board? 

More condition and note entry on female health

Female Health Tracking - Log Emotions

Those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. Robot wink

Thanks for voting! Hope I can continue seeing you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Being a bit new around here, I'm not 100% sure how to vote. Would that be done by just clicking the "like" button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm here to assist you @ARiddle! Yes, you just need to click on the "like button" and this will add your vote to the idea. 

Since, you're new on the Community. You may want to check Getting Started and Feature Suggestion FAQs

Hope I can continue seeing you around! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can Tired be added as a condition to the tracker.  I definitely get a couple of days of complete exhaustion the week before a period starts so it is definitely related and it would be interesting to see it tracked as a symptom

Best Answer

Tired or fatigue would be an excellent symptom to add. I also feel extremely exhausted a couple days before my period starts and for the first few days. I can usually tell it’s about to start just from the fatigue and resulting irritability it causes. 

Best Answer

I'd love to see it be customizable to add our own symptoms. I get severe back pain a few days beforehand, as well as pain when I ovulate. It would be nice to be able to keep track of that in the same place as everything else. Other people have symptoms such as bloating or irritability, or depression and anxiety that gets worse. If Fitbit wants to become an overall one-stop health management app, making it possible to be more individual would be a great step.

Best Answer

It's nice to see you here @lunameow @ncarrigan1 and @BarbHuskeySmiley Very Happy Your ideas are great. I was making some research and was able to find these ideas asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer

I also wish this feature was available, it's much more valuable to me than ovulation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @glharris, thanks for stopping by! I totally understand you my friend. If you'd like to see this implemented, please visit our Feature Suggestion board. 

As I mentioned above, you can vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them:

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Thank you, yes I have seen these posts and voted for them.

I was looking forward to the female health tracker so much and was so disappointed. It really seems designed for women who are trying to get pregnant and that is very limiting. There are so many reasons to track cycles and so many symptoms associated with different times in the cycle, I am wondering if there are even any women on the development team at FitBit? 

Best Answer