Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pill control changing my period prediction

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My tracker seems to work fine up until the last day of my period. On the day that I begin a new pack of birth control pills, the calendar then starts tracking that as the first day of my period, and changes my 4 day cycle to a 6 day cycle. I have to edit every month

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

How you doing my friend @NiCast? Welcome! Smiley HappyHeart

I'm glad to hear that you're using the Female Health tile to track your information. I'd like to have more details on how you're entering your birth control data. Please know that adding your birth control method to log the details can affect your cycle. For more information about how birth control can affect it, see our blog post about Pills:Get to Know Your Birth Control Options.

Is the last day of your period the same day that you begin a new pack of birth control? When you mentioned that the calendar starts as the first day of your period. Is this happening in the same way every month or is it different month to month?

As the Female Health tracker uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions, we must check if every month it changes to have more realistic predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. That's why it is important to log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My settings reflect that I'm on the birth control pill, with a 4 day period
and 28 day cycle.
So the calendar with future period predictions was accurate once I had my
settings entered. My last period was Wed. Aug 1st to Sat. Aug 4th, with me
starting my new pill pack on Sun. Aug 5th.

When I synced my device last night, the widget had changed and was showing
I have two days left in my cycle. I opened the calendar and it was
predicting my period to be Sunday Aug. 5th thru Friday Aug. 10th and asked
if the prediction was correct. I said no and edited it back to the previous
week. I've had to do this every month since I started using it and it's
always sometime during my period that it changes the calendar on me and
isn't even adhering to my settings of a 4 day period.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @NiCast, thanks for your detailed information. I think the app might be frozen. So, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Always make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOSAndroid), latest version should be on 2.76.
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Also, can you please tap a different day, and then view Fitbit Today again?  Let me know if by doing this the app updates and correctly shows your data.

@YojanaFitbit and I are looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how the app can be frozen when everything else is working. I will go ahead and log out and back in, but again, it only changes during my period so I won't know for another three weeks if it's still having this problem. I mean, I only like this feature so I don't have to do period math when making appointments and to log my migraines. So if it keeps happening I just won't bother using it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following the suggestions provided @NiCast

Keep in mind that use of certain types of contraception, such as extended-cycle birth control pills and intrauterine devices (IUDs), will alter your menstrual cycle (source). Talk to your health care provider about what to expect. 

Since you’re using birth control or otherwise have an altered cycle, you can still use the female health tracking feature to track your cycle and details to help you recognize patterns. You may want to turn off predictions in the female health settings and manually log your periods. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not have an altered cycle. What I keep trying to tell you is that I
set up my cycle, the calendar with future predictions is accurate. But the
following month, during my cycle, the app is changing the prediction on its
own. Why do I have to reset it every month when it was accurate the first
time I set it?
Best Answer

Hi @NiCast thanks for getting back and for explaining again the issues that you're having with the Female Health tile. I understand your point! Can you please send an screenshot the what you can see on the App during those days. I've changed the settings on mine to see if it changes during my period since it might be something that we need to report, I'll be checking my app and I'll be waiting your report for the next time it happens. 

Thanks for your help and sorry for all the inconvenience that it is causing, I know that it's important to have accurate information in your App for this kind of data.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My female health tracker does the exact same thing! It’s so frustrating. 

Everything will be fine on the calendar, my period will be predicted perfectly, then on the last day of my period, fitbit change the period prediction to it starting that day. It happens every month. It moves it by a week after the period finishes. Makes no sense. 

I have settings as birth control pill, 5 day period, 28 day cycle. Please help with this, it’s been over a year since she asked the question and clearly it wasn’t fixed. 

Best Answer

This happens to me, too! It’s always a correct prediction and then it just starts moving the days after my period is done. 

I’m wondering if it factors heart rate into it? I can’t imagine why else it would suddenly change every single month. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue : set up as a 28 day cycle using the pill as birth control, and it constantly will "reset" my period to the week after it just finished, and I have to go in and reset there period logged to be the correct week. I'd rather not turn off the predictions, as I don't want to manually log my period since it's as regular as it can possibly get on the pill, and because it's super useful to use to look ahead for holidays and events and know what I can expect for that day/week - such as well I be on my period during an upcoming vacation that I'll need to pack certain supplies. Seems to have this issue most, but not every, month.

Best Answer