Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I log pregnancy?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to put in that you are pregnant in the female health portion of the app? Starting to think that this part of the app was designed by a man...it only tracks your period and fertile times, but not when you actually get pregnant? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please go vote for it here. It would be a great add

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

Please go vote for it here. It would be a great add

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! @LG555 Smiley Happy

Nice to see a new face here on the Female Health board. This is a great idea! While you may not be able to log a pregnancy, please add it to our Feature Suggestions like @WendyB mentioned. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Logging a pregnancy is a must, as is the ammenorheic period due to breastfeeding as it is currently drastically affecting my predictions making the app useless.  I have entered my data since 2011.  My periods are like clock work occurring every 27 days... but I have had 4 pregnancies in that time so the app is telling me that my peiods average every 104 days.  Wrong!

Best Answer

The new female health tracking option on the app doesn’t track pregnancy. It tracks sex, ovulation, sex, etc. why isn’t it possible to add pregnancy? Seems like that would be a logical inclusion. 

Best Answer

Adding pregnancy/lactation to the "female health tracker" isn't a "great idea" it's essential to making this tool work at all for many women.

I can't believe it was released in this unfinished condition. I think it's sexist to presume a man designed it because there are plenty of childless women who have no clue how the female body works during reproduction, but you'd think whatever medical professional helped design it would have realized a big chunk of female users are going to be pregnant, nursing or TTC.

I think the current state of the dashboard widget/tutorial is especially bad for anyone going through a miscarriage, but also can see where it might be frustrating during perimenopause or other health conditions that interrupt periods. The whole thing seems to focus only on young, healthy women concerned primarily with birth control/not getting pregnant. 

Best Answer

It's absolutely useless if you don't want to get pregnant as well. It's using the calendar method when we have long had the tech and knowledge to track cycles properly. So if I were to follow this, it would be telling me I'd be clear to have sex when I was actually about to ovulate. I agree, it's shocking that it was released in this state. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Calathea77, I agree that the fertility window is a bit primitive, but that is because, without hormone tests, my understanding is that the only other really accurate way of determining fertility period is by temperature taking -- currently Fitbits do not monitor body temperature.  I am sure they could build into the app somewhere to enter your temperature, but if you are doing that already. you probably know what it means without putting it in to an app.

I think it would be quite foolish to rely on this as a birth control method -- and that is definitely not how it is meant -- but I guess it could help people trying for a baby, and as you add more info to the app it definitely is designed to get more accurate.

I agree with others that it could be improved by adding facilities for noting pregnancy or lactation, especially if that could be integrated with calorie burn estimate.  I expect that ill-health issues that might disrupt periods probably will always be beyond the scope of the app.

Meanwhile, if there are features available with other female health tracking apps that aren't available here, this would be a great place to discuss.  This is a very new feature and I am pretty sure that Fitbit wants to see it working the way its women customers would like it.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi, @Beth778899, I am sure lots of people agree with you that this would be a great addition!  This is a very new feature for Fitbit, so hopefully they will add extras to make it work for women in all the phases of their lives.  Watch this space!

Best Answer

Totally agree. Surely since Fitbit plan on analysing population data, they’ll also need to know when a user is pregnant, or they’ll end up effectively recording some 9+ month cycles and skew their data

Best Answer

I went and voted for the change. I wasn’t able to comment there, but I agree with what others have said - the ability to log bbt would be the best way to make any of the predictions at all reliable. I have irregular cycles, between 30 and 60+ days, so any predictions based only on past cycles is useless, but when I track my bbt spike, I know when period will be since luteal phase is pretty constant, even for those of us with irregular cycles  

Best Answer

I absolutely adore my Fitbit and love the new feature of women’s health however it would be nice to have the option to choose pregnant. I still use my Fitbit everyday to count steps, keep fit, log weight and water intake as I still want to stay healthy while pregnant. Is this an option which could be added? 

Best Answer

Hey! Glad to hear you're all enjoying female health tracking thus far. All your feedback is really appreciated. 

I noticed many of you are interested in having a pregnancy option added to the feature. Please consider voting for this idea under this Feature SuggestionWoman Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It shouldn't be a feature suggestion, it should be default.  The functionality is broken without it. It's a bug, not the absence of a feature.

Best Answer

How can i remove the female health option?  It suddenky appearde and, being a male, really have no need for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I recently purchased the Fitbit Versa and love it. I saw that it had a women's health application and was excited. However, I have not been able to find any pregnancy setting. I am about 19 weeks pregnant and of course I'm gaining weight. Is there an option to track pregnancy or let it know I'm pregnant so I'm not given period updates?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

@Iamian wrote:

How can i remove the female health option?  It suddenky appearde and, being a male, really have no need for it!

I also have no need for it, but figured out how to remove it. In the app if you press and hold on the icon, an x mark will appear in the top corner. Click that and it will be removed. You can also drag to re-arrange each icon doing this.

Best Answer

@fc3shightower, well done!  It's that easy.  Thanks for posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help......that worked fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @CSewell! I've moved your post to this board. Currently, there's no option to track pregnancy Female health tracker this option will predict your periods and estimated fertile window. I've found this idea that you may want to vote for Add pregnancy for more accurate cycle prediction in Female Health Tracking

Additionally, you can remove remove the Female health tracking tile inside the Fitbit app, please scroll to the bottom and select "Edit." You will then see each tile toggle and you can select the "X" on the tile to remove it from the app. After that, scroll back to the bottom and click "Done." 

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer