Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Celsius option to Versa weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The weather app works as expected but has a major flaw for most of the world (except the US). Can an option be added for Celsius alongside Fahrenheit please. AccuWeather provides the data!

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

@Giampi71 Thanks for sharing this important information about that clock face. I'm sure a lot of users will find this very helpful.

@MeLLy356 Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that you found a solution here at the forums.

@trekkerdean Thanks for your reply too! Have you tried the workaround above in order to sort that out? You could use that clock face in the meantime. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solution. This clock face doesn't suit my needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dobbo Nobody said it was an answer to the original problem, it was a direct reply to @MeLLy356 who had that specific problem. 

What about WeatherCast instead? It's not a clockface but a standalone app and let you choose Celsius or Fahrenheit regardless the user profile. 

Best Answer

I've given WeatherCast a try. It does indeed allow me to use miles for my steps and Celcius for the temperature. However, windspeed is in Km so still doesn't break the Temp / Distance link fully. Also the user interface is somewhat utilitarian so all in all, only a partial solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doh, I can't believe I missed that  

I'm the developer of WeatherCast. I'll fix the issue today, and post a link to the beta. Thanks for the support, and report. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you do 24h clock as well. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I can!

Also it is changing the units to mph for me.  Try manually setting the temp to celsius and then turning on "Force Distance Units to Miles"

screenshot.117.pngscreenshot.118.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where are you setting these? The app only give the US or Metric option. I have Feet, Miles selected in Account-> Advanced settings -> Units and Metric in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I never published the beta, I really might be the absent minded professor!
https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/ae653281-2f9f-452c-8e60-6feb63bec0cd

I will add the 24 hour option and then submit for publication. 

24 Hour Toggle is added. I will submit for publish after I am sure I didn't break anything.

Moderator Edit: Added Info from next post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got that. Definitely looking better. 24h clock, daily breakdown and a better user interface and it will 300% better than the fitbit version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yahoo only gives me high and low for daily weather. I don't want to switch to paid weather until fitbit gives us user statistics, so I know how many people I have using it so I can estimate my costs.

What can I do to improve the user interface? I am adding multiple locations, added in settings and accessed by swiping left and right. (In Version 4, version 3 will go up soon as I'm sure I didn't break anything)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fair enough. I was thinking make it more like the fitbit weather app so that there is some more contrast but this may fall foul of the same data usage restrictions. If I had a choice I would prefer the data to come from the met office but I guess that falls under the same licensing restriction at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for the design, I like minimalist, with all the data right in front ; I only stay in the app long enough to get the info I am looking for. It is open source; so you are welcome to make a pretty version! 

The met office is free for UK data; but it says to contact them for world data. 

To access a datafeed that covers the World forecasts or UK pollen data please contact us on media@metoffice.gov.uk.

If it is free for world data, I can switch; but I will leave it to you to contact them (I'm very lazy Smiley Wink), if you do, let me know!

Moderator Edit: Added info from next post

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cmspooner I hope you're doing well! Thank you very much for posting and helping on this thread regarding your clock face. I'm sure this will be very helpful for a lot of users.

@Dobbo I hope you're doing well too! I'm glad to see you found some great help at the Fitbit forums. Let us know your experience with that clock face.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hi On my advanced setting, I only have length, weight, water  and swim that's it no weather setting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Naomi.R Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread.

Yes, that's correct. You need to change the length setting accordingly.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  • In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  • Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you it works. 

Best Answer

@Inkchan12 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm glad to read that the suggestions given on this thread worked well for you. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! In Canada we measure people in feet + inches, distance in kilometres, weight in pounds, and weather in Celsius! Sooooo, each one of these items should be separate so we can choose! 

Best Answer

I have the opposite problem.  My weather app is in Celsius although my units of measurement are feet.  Has the weather app been changed to Celsius for everyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes