Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Celsius option to Versa weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The weather app works as expected but has a major flaw for most of the world (except the US). Can an option be added for Celsius alongside Fahrenheit please. AccuWeather provides the data!

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

My length is set to Miles, but this week my weather started showing up in Celsius- thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @MeghannO720! Did you recently update your Versa? After updating to OS 2.2, some customers reported the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. Just as you're describing .

When a customer updates to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
The dial by my weather app only leads to the city. There are no other options. My distance has always been miles but I only have Fahrenheit.

Anji Miller
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelButton this is because you still don't have OS 2.2. if you badly want to be able to select temperature units you might want to force the update to 2.2 doing a factory reset of your device with all the associated cons (reinstalling apps, setting up settings, alarms, Fitbit pay, music...)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thanks

Anji Miller
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you here @AngelButton! As @Giampi71 just mentioned, Versa/Ionic users still need to change their units to miles >Fahrenheit and kilometers>celsius for now. Since 2.2 is still only at 10%.

FITBIT OS 2.1 OR EARLIER

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  2. In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  3. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

FITBIT OS 2.2

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

When an update is available you'll see a notification in the Fitbit app prompting you to update. When the update starts, a progress bar appears on Versa and in the 68 Fitbit app until the update is complete. For best results, make sure your watch is charged and can connect to your Wi-Fi network.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Likewise. Hope you’re well.
Best Answer

Thanks @AngelButton! Don't hesitate to ping me out if you need further assistance, I'll be around. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason my weather is in Celsius and I want Fahrenheit. How do I switch to Farhrenheit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner,

it depends of the OS version you have.

1) If you are on OS2.2 you should go into the the app tab of the Fitbit application on your smartphone, find the weather app, go to settings and there you can change the desired type of degrees

2) If you are still on OS2.1 please notice that the degrees are tied to your metric. Hence you can have meters and Celsius or miles and Fahrenheit but not a mix of the two. If it is ok for you you can change it in the profile settings of the fitbit.com website.

If you need further explanation don't hesitate to ask.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @SunsetRunner! I was wondering if you could chance your Units by following @Giampi71's directions?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I was able to change the degrees. Thank you!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @SunsetRunner! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Fitbit Versa and am so excited! However, I'm located in the US and my weather app is showing as Celsius and not Fahrenheit. I tried doing the fix you suggested, but did not work? My units are set to miles. Please help! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @Efousty0709! Thanks for following the steps suggested, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy Can you please try following the steps shown in my image below:

weatherapp.png

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app.

If Celsius doesn't change to Fahrenheit, please try doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your watch
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Hope this does the trick, keep me in the loop!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the app on your phone and you should have a watch icon in the corner.
Click that icon. When you click the icon you will go to a screen that has
an app icon click the app icon. Scroll down until you see the weather app.
When you get to the weather app click the settings icon next to it. You can
change the degrees there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for helping out @SunsetRunner! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning!
I tried what you stated and the Versa is still showing Celsius for the weather app. Any other ideas?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you tried both ways unfortunately I have no idea. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes