Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Celsius option to Versa weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The weather app works as expected but has a major flaw for most of the world (except the US). Can an option be added for Celsius alongside Fahrenheit please. AccuWeather provides the data!

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations @Efousty0709! Are you using the Weather App that belongs to Fitbit or you're using a Third-Party app to get Weather on your watch? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so I just got the Versa and I'm somehow having the opposite problem... My watch says celcius and I'd like to change it to Fahrenheit. Follow the directions you had by going into Units but I've tried changing it n nothing I choose changes it from celcius. Has something been changed recently that this does not work anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The recent change that I'm aware of as a new Versa user is that there is an update to the Versa firmware for your watch; as part of that, this setting is now separate from anything else.  When I setup mine, it did the firmware update.  Assuming you didn't skip any steps, same should have happened for you.  As I understand it, you setup wifi on your Versa to do such updates.  So mine can connect on my home 2.4ghz wifi (not my 5).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its a possibility I didn't set it up correctly. I'm not as techy as I shld
be. I'm also having trouble getting it to connect w my phone alot of the
time. Idk what the wifi difference is? Any recommendations on what I cld do
now to fix this? Or where the separate Fahrenheit / Celsius option is?
Best Answer
0 Votes
If I were you I'd go back to the setup instructions and do every step
unless already done and fine. Beyond that you can email tech support, but
try doing it step by step first.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Ktlowe! If you've tried what @pbug56 suggested, I'd appreciate if you can verify if your new Versa is already running OS 2.2 (32.32.12.24)? If so, try doing the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Let me know if this does the trick! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That does NOT work. The versa update (dec 2018) has messed everything up. My whole family is fed up with all the issues with the Versa especially after an hour long phone call with support yesterday. We are long-time fitbit users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Could you please tell us specifically what all the new problems are?
Best Answer
0 Votes
After yesterday's update, many things went wrong. My Fitbit didn't work all for 5 hours! Had to have phone rep help and that was a 1 hour phone call. I lost the face on my Fitbit had to redownload that too. My Fitbit weather by accuweather shows in celcius. I need it in Farenheit.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

You have to search the message threads, but
1. Celsius seems to be the default.
2. There is now an independent setting for C versus F, I just don't
remember where, but it's easy to correct. It's a new setting, done one
firmware update back.
3. Sorry to hear about the difficulty - my Versa updated recently quite
normally. But I did lose the face - but luckily I quickly found it.

Good luck!

Ron
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I found it n figured it out. Scary everyone is having so many issues w
the Versa. Mine is good now but when I first got it it wld not sync to my
phone but one day it just did n now it's just fine. Thank u for ur
reply/help!
-Kaitlyn
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Kaitlyn,

My problem is that if I keep sync turned on all the time, it literally
heats up my phone and runs the phone battery down; I have to sync it
manually outside of notifications.

Regards,

Ron
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh **ahem**.. I haven't experience that yet n I hope never do. I just purchased
mine about a month ago and I could still return it before January 30th if
it doesn't work out for me. I'm wondering since all of the problems if I
shld?
-Kaitlyn
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Versa. Have you tried what I posted here

If you're having trouble with AccuWeather App, see  How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. In this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to see if the app is or isn't working as it should.

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Thanks for your help @pbug56

Hey there @Ktlowe, thanks for sharing what has worked for you. If your phone is running the Android 8 operating system, you may see a notification letting you know the Fitbit app is using battery resources. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kaitlyn,

I've had only 1 other problem; twice I headed out the door in the morning
to go to work and found my Versa dead even though it had been at 100% a few
hours earlier. But otherwise it has worked very well.

Update: Hi,

Odd thing about the Versa heating up phones and killing phone batteries - I
was told by tech support that Versa has a lot more date going back and
forth than say, Charge 2. I had to turn off all auto synch (except
notifications) for my Versa so that my phone wouldn't burn up or empty the
battery. Yet even when this was happening, it wasn't the Versa fitbit app
itself that showed up as a battery user. It's all the background services
that the fitbit software calls on.

Ron

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning,Found it and fixed it. Thanks for your help.Here's the route to change from C to F: Account>Versa>Apps>Weather>Settings>Unit>Select item>Done...Sync Fitbit

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I did exactly what you told us to do to change the weather from C to F. My watch is still the Same. Its 32°F and my watch is telling me its 3°C. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing this update with us @pbug56.

I'm glad to hear that you're back on track @SunsetRunner! Don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Welcome on board @Tesparadise! Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided. If your watch is still showing the incorrect temperature, please try restarting your Fitbit and then follow the steps at: Weather.

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would really appreciate an option to change from Celcius to Farenhiet. Please and thank you! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the feet/inches chosen, but my weather app is still showing celsius.  I just received the Fitbit Versa for Christmas, so I'm not sure if there are any other settings I need to update.

Best Answer
0 Votes