Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tricks on getting the scanner to actually pick up the starbucks barcode?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to use the starbucks app on ionic for a while now, but everytime I try the scanner at starbucks won't pickup the barcode displayed on my ionic... 

Is there some tips or tricks that I need to do to get it scanned by the scanner?  the register person tried to do it from holding the scanner up close, from further, we also tried scanning it both direction but no luck.

however whipping out the phone and showing the bar code on the starbucks mobile app worked straight away...  😞

Moderator edit: added label 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@HyperV Welcome to the Fitbit family! Did you registered your card? Are you still experiencing this? I'd recommend removing the Starbucks card from the app and then adding it once again to try once again. Check more details on how to do that on the Starbucks App section on this article.

Alternatively, you could try performing a restart on your Ionic. That could also help if you experience something like this again.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like what you're saying is that the app appears to be working correctly and is displaying a barcode, but the scanner at the cash register in Starbucks isn't able to read the barcode?

Can you at least verify that it's the right barcode? You should be able to see the card number on the screen below the barcode and compare it to your card number.

Best Answer