Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App to locate your lost tracker and way to know your route after a walk activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI!  This really is just a question out of curiosity.  I think I remember some years ago when I first got my FitBit, it fell off, but I was able to locate it through a tracker in the app on my phone. Does that still exist or am I remembering wrong?  Also will it show you the route that you walked after a particularly long walk?

PS I have no idea what any of the labels have to do with anything so I just chose one...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Globaldiva1013, it's nice to see you around the forums! Smiley Very Happy If your tracker got lost, you can try using a Bluetooth locator app to help you find your tracker. For iOS you can try LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy. For Android you can try Bluetooth Finder.

In addition to that, many of our customers who lost trackers in familiar surroundings such as the home or workplace were able to find their trackers by trying these tips:

• Check your dashboard to see the last time your tracker synced. If it synced recently, that means it's near your mobile device or computer.
  • Look near your laundry if you use a clip-on tracker. Many customers find that these trackers wind up in the dirty clothes pile.
  • If your tracker is connected to a mobile device, take that device to the area where you think you lost your tracker and try to sync it. If it syncs, you know the tracker is nearby. For more information about how to sync your tracker, see How do Fitbit trackers sync their data?

On the other hand, if your tracker doesn’t have GPS, you can still generate maps of your activity and capture other GPS data using the Fitbit app on your mobile device. This feature is called MobileRun. To get more information about MobileRun, check the article How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?

The following devices offer GPS functionality:

• Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Surge have built-in GPS. Select an exercise to see whether it captures GPS data. 
  • Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Blaze, and Fitbit Charge 2 work with the sensors on your nearby phone to track GPS data (known as "connected" GPS). Choose an exercise to see if it includes connected GPS. For information on how using connected GPS can improve your stride length calculation, see How do I measure and adjust my stride length? 

For more information about tracking exercise, see How do I use exercise apps and modes on my Fitbit device?

I was curious to know which tracker you have? Is your tracker lost? Do you have a tracker that has built-GPS? Are you interest in MobileRun? 

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes. There are even apps dedicated to finding Fitbits, not everything Bluetooth, like speakers, headphones etc: Loads of them, bound to find one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @LoveMyCorsa, welcome here! I was making some research and was able to find this idea:

Please cast a vote for the idea and leave a comment to show support for it. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer