Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asken Diet: nutrition advice app for Ionic and Versa now available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Asken Diet has everything you need to better understand your diet and nutritional intake. Simply log your meals to receive personalized meal advice from our team of dietitians and nutritionists, right on your Fitbit Ionic or Versa. Asken Diet takes your weight goals and health data and creates a plan to help guide you to become a healthier you. The partner iOS/Android mobile app is currently only available in the U.S. and Canada (with more countries coming soon). 

Our digital A.I. dietitian provides real scientific advice curated from our team of hundreds of dietitians and nutritionists. It's more than a simple calorie counter, Asken Diet will monitor your meal record and provide you with actionable advice to hit your target weight loss goals.

Learn more here or visit the Fitbit App Gallery (link).

Ionic_AskenDiet_app.pngVersa_AskenApp_Mockup.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

@mtstaffa I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing this great information about Asken Diet. 

It looks the app is very complete and could be useful for a lot of users specially for the ones looking hit their weight loss targets.

Keen to hear if any users have downloaded this already?

Thanks again for sharing this information.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have downloaded it! I absolutely love it. It's very simple to use and I love being able to see my data on my Ionic.

For YEARS I've asked why there is no calorie information on any of the devices. It would really help those that are using the Fitbit to lose weight. I've begged them to add this feature (and as of yet still nothing). However, the Asken Diet app solves that issue! It also gives awesome advice and if you are a premium member you get advice after you log each of your meals. Smiley Very Happy

I wrote a review of Asken on my blog at https://www.lifeonablog.com/asken-diet/. Check it out! 

Fitbits: One, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Charge 2, Ionic (current)
Best Answer

@bodywrapsgirl I hope you're doing well! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience using this app with the Fitbit Community. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying using it. I'm sure your post will be helpful for other users that are interested on having something so complete like this. I'm glad this app fulfilled the need you were looking for for the past 5 years. 

Also, thanks for posting on your blog about this.

Keen to hear other users reports regarding the usage of this app? How does the normal subscription works vs the premium one?

Thanks again for your post. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I downloaded the app to my phone and created an account. I also have installed the app on my Versa. When I try to open the app on the Versa, I get this message: "There is a problem with your account. Check the Asken Diet settings in the Fitbit mobile app." I don't know what I am checking for. All seems okay with the account. I have not started using it yet or entered anything. I plan to start tomorrow morning. Will this problem be resolved once I have logged my first meal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Laura,

First you need to have our mobile app (iOS and Android). Search the Google/iOS app store for "Asken Diet" or go to www.askendiet.com/get to get it. 

Create your account on the mobile app.  

Then use the same log in email address/password in the Fitbit app setting/version of Asken Diet to link to two accounts.

I just created this page to hopefully explain it a bit better.  https://www.askendiet.com/fitbit

Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are still having issues, please email screenshots to support@askendiet.com and I'll assist you there.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wanted to give a try but I can't install the app from Play Store on my Pixel. Is it regional restricted (I use Italian Play Store but I live in Japan)?

Best Answer

Ciao.

For now (unfortunately) the android/ios app version of Asken Diet is only available on the US/Canada stores. This is because the A.I. nutritional advice text and food database is focused on those markets for now. We have plans to expand to other markets in the future, but not yet. 

And the way the Fitbit App Gallery displays apps, it shows all apps based on language setting (ie English) so our app is shown to all users, regardless of country ...even though we only support US/Canada.

Sorry about the confusion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app is showing up fine on my Versa now. I do have a question regarding the sharing of data between Fitbit and Asken. Currently, the calories burned on the Asken app show 1040, but the Fitbit app shows 1658. I have the accounts linked, and I thought that the Asken app would use my Versa data to adjust my calories. It still has me eating only 1590 for the day and does not seem to be considering calories burned calculation from Fitbit, which I usually average around 2500 - 2600 a day for calorie burn.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mtstaffa  I just signed up for your app on my phone and versa. I want to know what is the “0 points of 100” that shows up on the Versa. What is that for? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Laura, great question. We are working to clear this up but the current reason the two calories burned numbers are different are because fitbit is including your BMR (basal metabolic rate) in your calories burned while Asken Diet is only including calories burned through exercise/movement.  So for example, when you wake up after a nights sleep, Fitbit will show you've burned around 500-600 calories while asleep simply from BMR. Asken Diet (currently) won't include that number. In the coming weeks/months we plan to clear up this difference in numbers. Hopefully this explanation helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jayelo. The "0 points of 100" simply means you haven't logged any food in the mobile app of Asken Diet. After you log your breakfast, lunch and dinner, our AI nutritionist will analyze your diet and give you a score between 0-100. We called it our Asken Diet "Health Index Score". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mtstaffa Thank you! So I’m assuming 100 is the highest and best score?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, 100 is the top ... but its a hard score to get!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mtstaffa Sorry...I have another question. Is the Fitbit suppose to link my daily steps and exercises to the phone app automatically? Or do I manually have to input it? Thank you.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

It should @Jayelo.  Maybe try closing/restarting the mobile app so the servers can sync up and share the step/exercise data.

Can you show me a screenshot (in the Asken Diet mobile app) of the "Apps & Devices" screen so I can confirm the mobile app says "connected" for Fitbit?  Go to the side menu (upper right), then tap on "Apps & Devices" and then screen shot that page and post here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

image.jpgimage.jpg@mtstaffa this is what it shows and when I click on the Fitbit link

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mtstaffa Ok so I logged out and logged back in and it got me to connect but I don’t see my steps or daily exercises on the mobile app from my fitbit. It’s suppose to transfer all that to the mobile app correct ? That’s how it will calculate my calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok @Jayelo, so they are not connected. Not sure the reason...yet.

Did you go in to the Fitbit app settings for Asken Diet?  Go to this link: https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/eff96a1b-b5f6-4e85-abe5-fe3592196a4b and then tap on "settings" and screenshot that.  It should show "authorized" and you should be logged in with the same email/password as the mobile app account you made (or using the Facebook log in if you used that when creating your account with the mobile app).

Also, are you sure you clicked on the "confirm your email address" link in the auto-generated email that got sent to you upon creating your account on the mobile app?  Check your spam folder if you didn't see it.

Best Answer
0 Votes