Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asken Diet: nutrition advice app for Ionic and Versa now available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Asken Diet has everything you need to better understand your diet and nutritional intake. Simply log your meals to receive personalized meal advice from our team of dietitians and nutritionists, right on your Fitbit Ionic or Versa. Asken Diet takes your weight goals and health data and creates a plan to help guide you to become a healthier you. The partner iOS/Android mobile app is currently only available in the U.S. and Canada (with more countries coming soon). 

Our digital A.I. dietitian provides real scientific advice curated from our team of hundreds of dietitians and nutritionists. It's more than a simple calorie counter, Asken Diet will monitor your meal record and provide you with actionable advice to hit your target weight loss goals.

Learn more here or visit the Fitbit App Gallery (link).

Ionic_AskenDiet_app.pngVersa_AskenApp_Mockup.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

ok @Jayelo so if it shows "connected" then trying taking a few dozen steps (so fitbit's servers can get updated data) and maybe sync your fitbit account by pulling down on the fitbit screen so your device syncs.  ... Then in the Asken Diet app, pull down on the screen or tap to another area of the app (ie, charts, goals, food logging, etc)... that way our Asken Diet servers can sync with Fitbit's updated servers with your total step count.  Hopefully that does it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jayelo once both apps are connected it will sync automatically.  It might not be instantaneous (as in you take one step and it shows up in Asken Diet) but every few minutes or at least as you sync your device in Fitbit it will be sent to Asken Diet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mtstaffa THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Everything is working and syncing now! This app is awesome so thank you for your quick replies and assistance and PATIENCE!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES @Jayelo!  Happy to help. If you need help in the future, email me/us at support@askendiet.com

We have plans to update the Versa/Ionic app to have more functionality later this summer, but for now its a good start to having our app on your Fitbit watch.  Enjoy.  Have a great rest of your week.

Best Answer

@mtstaffa Hi! I sent you an email .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it and replied.  😉  Mahalo!

Best Answer

My Asken Diet app and Fitbit Food Tracker are not "connecting". I can see on my Versa the Asken Diet app but when I look at my Fitbit Dashboard the food does not appear in the tracker. Also, the Asken Diet app isn't capturing my exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wondering if you can help me with Asken Diet on my Versa, I have it installed on my phone, and in my Fitbit app. The accounts are synced and confirmed in Fitbit, but when I try to open the app on my Versa, it just shows "loading..." And won't do anything else. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to help.  Can you send me screenshots of the Asken app setting within the Fitbit app?  Email support@askendiet.com and also tell me the email associated with your Asken Diet account so I can look in to the backend data. 

Also, have a look at our support doc to see if it helps: https://support.askendiet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005194853-Sync-with-Fitbit-Versa-Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa connected to my phone and now it seems to work fine. Thanks for your help!!

Best Answer

YEAH! Happy to help. Thanks for letting me know too.

Best Answer

Hello @mtstaffa,

is Asken Diet regional restricted? Play Store does not list it on my Pixel 2 XL!

I would love to try it. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Giampi71

Thanks for asking.  Yes, the mobile app is only available in the US and Canada. There are a few reasons our iOS/Android app is not (yet?) available in your country.

We want to and have plans to. However, the reason we are not available there yet is for two reasons... 
1) We only have food database data for the U.S. and Canada. If we simply made the current app available in the other countries, users like yourself would search the current food database and not find many common food items and that would cause user frustration and low app ratings which would hurt our chances of growth in that market in the future. 
2) We need to adjust our A.I. nutritionist text (written by our team of real ... human ... licensed dietitians) to make sure the advice given in the app takes in to account any food/cultural/religious specific things related to countries outside of the US/Canada.

I assume you learned about Asken Diet after purchasing a Fitbit Versa/Ionic. The way the new Fitbit App Gallery settings are built, all apps are shown to users in any country accessing the App Gallery. We'd prefer to not have Asken Diet shown in the countries we do not yet have the main mobile app available for, but unfortunately Fitbit currently shows our app to all users (using English in the Fitbit app I believe) and that is leading to confusion. Sorry about that.

I hope that explanation helps a little. We'd love for you to try it too... we just aren't ready yet.

Best Answer

Thanks, very clear. I hope to see it soon

Best Answer

Thanks for understanding. Let me know the country so I can add it to our list of places we need to launch in.

Best Answer

I'm now in Japan but my Google account is tied to my Italian credit card so the country seen is Italy (I think). But, funny thing, I use Fitbit with my place set in Canada as I was in Calgary when I start to use it (with a Zip) and I'm accustomed with Canada foods (and because in Japan we have Costco supermarket)

Best Answer

Wow. So international.  haha. You'd need your Google account to be associated with a US/Canada store/credit card.

FYI, I'm in Japan too.  Tokyo!

Best Answer

@mtstaffa I hope you're doing well! Just wanted to jump in to say thank you for helping all of these users out. Your app is great and users are enjoying it. Thanks for providing all of that helpful data about it!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Aww thanks for the kind words, @SantiR. Happy to support Fitbit and Asken Diet users! We all want to be healthy and both our services work well together towards that goal.

Best Answer

I don't have a versa or ionic.. yet, but I found this while searching on Google Play and then saw it on here looking in the gallery section to see which type of apps Fitbit has (as I'm thinking of purchasing the Versa, as an upgrade to my other Fitbits).  @mtstaffa I have two questions, the unique thing for me was the photo taking, as I don't carry my phone around all the time, so it's easier to take photos either before or after dinner/meal. So far, that feature hasn't worked at all for me. I tested with two photos. One was of eggs. The app told me it was milk. The second was Philadelphia Cream Cheese, in which the app told me it was plain Greek yogurt. Of all the alternatives I was offered for the items, none of them were remotely close to what the item actually was. 

The second question is about the membership, I think the free version (I think, not sure as I'm on a free premium trial (which I didn't realize lol)) could be enough for me, but is there/will there be an option to purchase a yearly, quarterly or half year memberships for a discount, instead of each month separately? 

I will continue to use on my phone and hopefully something will be correct with the photo aspect of the application. With that said, I love the layout and all the information given. It runs smoothly and doesn't seem to be a resource hog like others. I have already attached it to my Fitbit (As I have a few models already) so can't wait to see what pulls over, etc to the other. Great app and hard work was put into it though.:)

Best Answer
0 Votes