Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boarding pass not available for British Airlines app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was looking forward to the BA app as I was hoping I would be able to download the boarding pass to my watch. The description of the app doesn’t include it.   Any plans to do this BA?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

I loaded the app on yesterday but can't get it to work in any capacity...any advice?

Best Answer

Likewise. Tells me my watch is not connected to the internet. Nor working!

Best Answer

Hey there @TEP46 @IanHB @Ellisn1966, it's nice to see you guys around! Download a boarding pass is not available, but to stay tuned as it might be added in the future. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

On the other hand, the tips below can help you set up and use apps developed for your watch

1. In order for apps to access the internet, your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on. 
  2. Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.
  3. Check if the app has a pending update. 
  4. Turning off app permissions can cause the app to stop functioning. Check that all permissions are turned on:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Apps.
    3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
    4. Tap or click Permissions.
    5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
    6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.
  5. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some larger apps and clock faces to install or update.

See you later and stay awesome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - have tried all of the above but the app simply doesn't work.  Its such a shame to be promised apps from companies such as BA and then to be let down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying the suggestions I shared @TEP46! You can try removing the app from your watch and then downloading it back again

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the App Gallery. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Hope this helps! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. Any help will be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sean.a!  If you're also experiencing inconveniences with BA app, please make sure you checked and followed what I posted above

Additionally, you can try removing the app from your watch and then downloading it back again

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here. started when I had to reset the app because wallet had stopped working. had to uninstall and reinstall all the ionic apps but this is the only one that now doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing inconveniences with the BA App. 

Can you please let me know if you've followed the troubleshooting steps I've posted here? Also, please check if your BA App doesn't have a pending update. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of the above and have given up!  Simply doesn't work.  It tells me that I'm off line and need to check my permissions - all are as they should be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TEP46 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing that information regarding the permissions for the app.

Just to make sure, please double check the following steps:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  • Tap or click Apps.
  • In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
  • Tap or click Permissions.
  • If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
  • Tap or click Save to save your changes.

Please check again if everything is like the above. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

It's not an issue with permissions in the app  Interestingly you can get it to give you a different error message depending on if you are on WiFi or data

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've checked all my permissions again and it still does not work.  It just tells me that I'm offline when I'm not!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Installed the app on the Ionic and logged in my account via the settings.

All I do is getting the offline-message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the steps described about updating the BA app version o my phone and checked permissions. 

The BA app on my versa is now showing my flight for next week.

Shows the departure time, flight number and routing at the moment as I haven't checked-in yet.

At the bottom is a button that says "Scan code".  When I press it I get a blank image but I wonder whether this will show my boarding pass barcode once I check in.  I will try it on Monday and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @MC11010! Thanks for taking the time to sharing your experience, I'll be waiting for your update about the outcome this next Monday. Robot Very Happy 

If you're still having inconveniences with your BA App, I'd appreciate if you can send me a screen shot of what you're getting on the BA App so I can go from there. Also, did you check if the app does not have a pending update?

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just to let you all know that the app worked great. Once I had checked in
on the BA app I could then see my flight time and seat details on my
FitBit. The 'scan code' button did display my barcode. Unfortunately
without removing my FitBit I couldn't get it under the scanners in the
airport so could check that it actually worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @MC11010! I'm glad to hear that your BA App worked after removing your watch from your account, I know this shouldn't be the case. II'll let our team know so we can be aware of the step you needed to take in order to sort this out. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the offline message error, but managed to get past it by loading the app on the Ionic, then opening the app on the ionic. You get a message about logging in to your ba account. At this point leave the app open on the ionic and login to ba via the phone app settings. Voila. Worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes