Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcodes2 app for Sense and Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a go at updating the wonderful Barcodes app by @EmTe from the open source code available.  It is now available in Fitbit App Gallery as Barcodes2.  You can also access it here: https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/58726c9d-92b2-4a76-b7f0-5f591c27cdf0.  Due to the curve of the screen, it looses the buttons at the side to change barcodes so, with the help of @Swdecord and his son, I've added an invisible button.  You just need to tap the screen between the barcode and the title to cycle through the barcodes.

Let me know if there are any extra features you would like to see and I'll see what I can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Expected improvements in next version:

• Reverse the list cycle on button push
  • Get extra brightness working
  • Make screen stay on
  • Increase number of barcodes (currently 5)
Best Answer

A few moons have passed by so I would like to ask whether there is any progress here.

The most boring thing is that when I present a barcode to a cashier, the display turns off before he has a change to scan it.

It would therefore be great if you could fix the third point of your list.

Best Answer

I can't get it to work at all says code to.long 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can you please add support for QR CODES ex: for when we need to pick up parcels from easy box /lockers, you have to scan a QR CODE. 

Best,

Victoria

Best Answer

There is already an app for QR Codes by Brian Quellette. Works fine.

Edwin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, i know. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with Versa 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is possible to add on your app suport for QR CODES on Fitbit Versa 3?

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Expected improvements in next version:

• Reverse the list cycle on button push
  • Get extra brightness working
  • Make screen stay on
  • Increase number of barcodes (currently 5)

Best Answer

Can you add support for Codabar? Widely used for library cards.

I'd also prefer seeing the generated barcode on my phone, so I can quickly tell if I selected the correct format. Finally, a great improvement would be to scan a barcode and decode the numbers /format from the scan. 

Thanks for a great app! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add QR codes support for Versa 3 (ex: Lidl or other grocery stores has QR codes) or if you want to pick up a package from easybox/ lock boxes you need to scan the QR code. 

Best Answer

This may not be your app, but I have noticed that the app on my phone “forgets” the barcodes I entered over time, so every time I want to add a barcode, I have to renter all of them.  Can the phone app remember the barcodes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner thanks for updating Terri.

Do you also intend to make the code public so that someone can help you by adding above features. I can try to make some changes as requested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to find this easy box / locker. Not sure which one it is. Could you give more info, website or which country it is used and I can see if we have something for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

F8325A81-9586-45AC-852F-A45E16F63AF5.jpeg

F81EFF49-DAB7-443B-A052-45EDC7ABBC87.jpeg

E099C68F-ADC0-40DC-AD8B-F7B0EBEF2ECF.jpeg

I’m using in Romania country, it look like this 

Best Answer
0 Votes