Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big weather app quit working after I paid for it, just blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received the annoying message after 3 days so I paid for the app. Now this morning the big weather screen just shows blue background with no information. Anyone have this happen ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @jrjackso, welcome to the Fitbit forums! Woman Very Happy Hmmm... did you pay for the weather app? I'm getting confused here, since the weather app on Ionic is free. 

To get the Weather app working, launch the Weather app on Ionic, then choose the location in the Fitbit App Gallery > Weather. 

To set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Weather app on your watch.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap or click the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  6. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app.

If you keep getting any error message, can you please attach me a picture showing it?

Also, for the blank screen I'd suggest a restart by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@jrjackso Have you tried reinstalling the watch face, or even restarting your Ionic maybe. Perhaps that might help fix it. I don't use that face but the dev is responsive to emails if the problem persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried tapping the face of the Ionic?   You can hide your stats maybe they are hidden.  Or is your screen totally blank?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried downloading this watch face but I keep getting an error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I believe they are talking about the "Big Weather" watch face.

Best Answer