Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can be the Weather app switched to Celsius?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if you can change the units on the weather app, the main one is coming up on Fahrenheit and I have not got a clue what that is, being from the UK we do Celsius, so i'm confused when I look at the app.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CrayCray84, hope you're doing great my friend! A really good question!

The temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen when viewing the Weather app to see a forecast for the next few days.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to assist you with. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit thank you for getting back to me.

I was hoping to keep the distance in miles and temp in Celsius. I prefer knowing how far I've traveled in miles.

Where would I suggest being to have separate settings for the weather app to the distance that is set?

🙂 

Best Answer

It's always a pleasure @CrayCray84I'd recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion Board if you haven't already. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review.

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Enable Celsius units on weather app without having to change distance to kilometers feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

Hope this helps my friend! Woman Wink

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have downloaded an app that you can manually change the temperature to Celsius without switching the distance to km.  It's called WeatherCast by Chris Spooner. It's a shame Fitbit haven't done anything on their default weather app for us UK customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Rosierunner, thanks for jumping into this thread! Woman Very Happy I totally get your point my friend. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit apps, specially for this one. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

In the meantime, I encourage you to post your comments and votes to the suggestion I shared above, so it can gain momentum!

Thanks for sharing the name of the app you're using right now to show the temperature to Celsius without changing the distance. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're Awesome! Thanks for the post because I had the same question... Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey thanks for stopping by @Fit4Life101! Glad to hear you found the answer you were looking for! Don't forget to vote for the suggestion. Robot wink

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes