Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Tennis app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning,

I have recently tried to download Tennis app for my Fitbit Ionic. However, once the progress bar has reached the end, the button displays again "Install" and the app is not installed in the watch.

Please, do you know if the is any issue related to the installation of this app, or may be a problema with my Watch?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
78 REPLIES 78

Hi all. 

Just wanted to jump in here to thank you all for taking the time to report that you were unable to install the Tennis app. 

Our team is aware of the issue and currently investigating what might be causing this. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Good to know. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi all! Just wanted to jump in here to provide a quick update. 

The issue where users were unable to install the Tennis app on their Ionic has been resolved. You should now be able to download the app from the gallery. 

If you continue to experience any issues with the install, feel free to let me know. 

Thanks to all who took the time to report this issue. Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Hi there,

thanks for the update on this issue.

Sadly, I still can't install the app.

Do we have to update the app? Or the Ionic firmware?

edit: Tried rebooting both devices, and it doesn't work. Firmware 27.32.4.19 and app version 2.68 (2193263).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MattFitbit,

Thanks for the supoort. However, I'm afraid the issue has not be resolved. I'm still not able to install the app. 

After the app update, I could see in the "Mi apps" tab a button to “Update” the app (not being installed in the ionic). However, after trying to update the app, it is not installed in the ionic.

Anyone has been able to install the app after this update? 

In my opinion and experience, the previous answer can not be considered as an accepted solution. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick replies! 

@ionic-user If you see the Tennis app listed under the 'My Apps' tabs but the update did not resolve the issue. I recommend scrolling down and tapping the 'remove' button and attempting a fresh installation. 

@Bonscha Do you see Tennis listed under 'My Apps?' If so, I would also recommend removing it and attempting a fresh install.

If you are getting stuck during the installation process, please let me know where and provide a screenshot if you can. Thanks!

Best Answer

Mine installed right away. The button didn’t say INSTALL this time, it said UPDATE. It’s on my watch, too.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Two cases can apply.

1. I install. Progress bar goes through. Button "install" re-appears. No app on ionic nor in "my apps".

2. Active sync blocks installation. I let the sync go through. Revisit apps section. Prompt shows "do dou want to proceed installation?". Now I see the app in "my apps". As soon as installation finishes, app disappears again.

Best Answer

Can you be so transparent and tell us what the issue is? It is an app like every other, isn't it? Is the problem only server-sided?

I assumed it would be a sync problem between android app and Ionic...

Ah yeah, btw, I'm on android.

Best Answer

Once I tried to update the app, I can’t see it on the tab “My apps” anymore. Now, I just can see it in the “All” tab, with the “Install” button. 

I would have tried to remove the app and install it again, but unfortunately now it is not possible. Would it be possible for the developers to launch again the update in order to see the app again in “my apps” tab and trying to delete it?

Thank you. I’m really interested in trying this app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I face the same issues. Cannot delete or install the app still...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Best Answer

Just checked my Fitbit, and strangely Tennis app magically appears in the menu.

So issue fixed on my side as well.

I suppose installation happened in the background (or it was already there without icon in main menu - but fixed itself) following a synchronization update.

Best Answer

Here too. Tennis app didn't show show on device at first, though, but I had the button "update" in the App manager on my phone. After updating, the app was there and works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa and have the tennis app. I select “practice” and the stroke counter appears, but then as I am playing tennis nothing is counted. Do I need to hit another button on the sides to start the counter?

Best Answer

No, it should start counting automatically. 

It should work optimally if you hold your watch on the wrist that holds the tennis racket (that's how I play - I didn't test the alternative).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. I am trying to install the tennis app to my ionic ( 25/11/2018) & it does not install. Im able to download to my phone but not install to my fitbit. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Kylean1999, it's nice to see you here! I'd like you to restart your Ionic and try to install it again

If you continue having inconveniences installing your Tennis app, please see: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have turned off the fitbit several times and have tried to install. The indication bar appears to move but it always goes back to install on my phone app and never moves onto installed. 

Kind RegardsKylee Sean & Jayden
Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Kylean1999Personally, Tennis App didn't show show on my Ionic at first, but I had the button "update" in the App Manager on my phone. After updating, the app was there and works fine. Smiley Very Happy 

Can you please let me know if you followed the steps posted in the article How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes