Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Tennis app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning,

I have recently tried to download Tennis app for my Fitbit Ionic. However, once the progress bar has reached the end, the button displays again "Install" and the app is not installed in the watch.

Please, do you know if the is any issue related to the installation of this app, or may be a problema with my Watch?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the quick replies! 

@ionic-user If you see the Tennis app listed under the 'My Apps' tabs but the update did not resolve the issue. I recommend scrolling down and tapping the 'remove' button and attempting a fresh installation. 

@Bonscha Do you see Tennis listed under 'My Apps?' If so, I would also recommend removing it and attempting a fresh install.

If you are getting stuck during the installation process, please let me know where and provide a screenshot if you can. Thanks!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Welcome to the Community @ionic-user. It sounds like the app isn't completing the installation. I would like you to restart your Ionic and try to install it again

The same thing happened to me before with another app and the reason was that my watch wasn't syncing so when the app finished the installation, it started again as it couldn't connect to the Ionic. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you SIlvia for the advice.

However, I have already tried to install the app after restarting my Ionic and after switching it off , but the app does not finish the installation.

The watch is syncing correctly and I have already installed more apps. It seems to be a problem related with the app itself. May it be posible? Has anybody recently downloaded this app?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @ionic-user. I appreciate the extra details you've mentioned as well for the troubleshoot you've performed. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

i bought my watch 3-4 days ago and encounter exactly the same issue. Could you post a solution?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @alexandre.petre. I would like you to make sure you've followed the procedure I posted above as you're getting the same issue. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello SilviaFitbit,

Thanks for your reply. I confirm I did try the procedure you described, reason of my post since not working unfortunately...

Best regards,

Alexandre

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alexandre,

I have not receive any sollution for this issue. 

Fitbit support team asked me to do the following troubleshooting (instead of checking by themselves if the app is not behaving correctly):

"we would like to ask you to try to download the app using a different compatible device (Android, Windows, computer, etc) to test this situation, so we can be able to determine if the issue is related with the Fitbit Ionic or with the App."

I reported Fitbit that I tried to download the app through a djfferent device (Android) but the problem is the same. 

I hope to have an answer with a sollution soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear ionic-user,

Thanks very much for your help and support. It seems to confirm the problem resides at the level of the app itself (I would have loved to try their troubleshooting proposal also myself however not possible since I do not have a separate android device).

I'll wait for FitBit to fix the issue hoping they will be able to do it soon.

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried installing it on my brand-new and up-to-date Ionic, and of course it didn't work, leaving me with the "install" button after "finished" installation.

I tried it using a LeEco LeMax 2 smartphone.

Luckily, I also have access to a Samsung Galaxy S5, with which I also tried it. Same phenomenon. Will not install!

--> App-related problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have the IONIC for 2 months and I have never managed to install TENNIS ...

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrating. Tried restarting the ionic. No change. I’m using the iOS app. 

Best Answer

Fitbit support folks - do you have any updates on this? I was using the Tennis app, it is quite an amazing thing actually, and now not available!

I noticed this issue only after I "upgraded" my Ionic to OS Version 2 that just recently was made available to me (in the last 2 days).

Best Answer

No update. Someone suggested restarting the watch. Didn’t work. Seems that other people are having the same issue. You’re right, it probably is an issue with the updated OS in the watch. 

Best Answer

Not really, since I got the update just now, and it didn't work before...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wingnutt02,

This issue already happened with Fitbit OS before updating. Now, with Fitbit OS 2 it has not been solved. 

Besides of this, Tennis app has been updated twice since I first tried to Install, but developers has not fixed the problem.

Best Answer

It’s a shame. I just played this morning. Could have used it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i had the tennis app and it worked great but  with the last fitbit update my tennis app disappeared and I cant get it to reinstall. I have sent messages to fit bit labs but no response. this is my favorite app i hope there is a solution soon 

Best Answer

Also unable to install the tennis app. Would love to use it!!!

Best Answer

mine worked great the 2 days I had it, i messaged fitbit labs and no response 

Best Answer
0 Votes