Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Spotify on Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ive made sure everything is up to date and everything is on. but everytime i go in the fitbit app and go to spotify app to install it but its grayed out for me idk what to do. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87
You don’t need the app to control Spotify - just use the music controls
--
Sent from iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.

I got the Versa Lite today, it's completely updated and so is my Android phone. I'm from Canada, and it's the same screen as others have posted: a grayed out Install button and a pink box saying to update everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have premium Spotify as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. I have the latest updates available to me and I can not install the Spotify app. The install button is greyed out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also not able to install Spotify app on my fitbit versa smart watch though I have made sure that my fitbit app and watch both using the latest version and also I am from India region where Spotify app are available.

Whenever I am trying to install the Spotify app I am not getting the install option and it is asking me to make sure the phone app and watch is using the latest version.however I am getting the install option for the other app...can anyone please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a new Versa for Christmas, same issue!  When setting up a new Versa, an update occurs, seems odd that it’s not the latest version.  Any ideas on a date?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has now updated after having it for a week and it's finally let me install Spotify ☺️☺️☺️

My CLT-L09. On O2.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It works now as they release a new update for the versa lite
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lucky you. I’ve tried and tried but with no luck. I’ll persevere but why have they made it so difficult?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still can’t get it to work on my Versa. Annoyingly I’ll have to persevere. Good luck using yours.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @G-Man235 the Versa gets sent out without firmware, so yes part of the setup process is to load the firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that. That is very helpful.

I've downloaded the new firmware
Best Answer

How did you download the new firmware? It says all my versa updates are done, but still the old firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After a lot of fiddling I entered my account on my PC and found a link to update the Firmware on Versa. Still can't find the same link on my iPad or smartphone, though.

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Just received my Versa Lite. Downloaded the Fitbit app on my Pixel 4. Created my Fitbit account. Connected the phone and watch no problem. Installed firmware (38.33.1.30) no problem. Installed Calculator app no problem. 

Like so many others, I cannot install the Spotify app. Install is grayed out and the red box talking about latest versions is there. Clearly I have the latest versions... I just started from scratch. 

Frustrated. Does anyone have a solution for this silly problem?

I've rebooted the watch. Rebooted my phone. Re-installed the Fitbit app on my phone. Still helpless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off chat with Fitbit support. Melissa was great, but unable to provide a solution. After a lengthy chat, the only suggested course of action is to **wait for the next firmware update for the Versa Lite**. I am not confident a firmware update will fix it. Based on the forums, this problem has been going on through countless firmware updates. I've owned the watch for barely an hour and I am extremely disappointed.

I ended the chat by requesting a RMA. I'm 90% convinced to just return it. Very frustrated with the poor quality and inability to fix this. 

I suspect Fitbit may not be in a hurry to fix their watches for Spotify support and/or their Spotify app. Deezer and I think one other music service support offline music on the full Versa watch, but not Spotify. Spotify must not be paying Fitbit or Spotify wants money for full Spotify support. Could be wrong. But this has gone on for many months now for it not to have been fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What actually is the latest firmware number supposed to be for the Versa (full version) anyway?

Best Answer

Not sure about the Versa full version, but I was told by Fitbit support that I had the latest firmware version for the Versa lite. New watch, latest firmware... and can't install Spotify app.

Best Answer

I'm not able to install this either. I have checked to make sure that everything is up to date and has the latest version which is does. and it is still grayed out

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my versa and I am having the same issue with the install button being grayed out....was there ever any fix to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes