Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into Uber

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there another way to connect/log-in with my Uber app? It's not working in the app. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @JennP211, welcome to the Community Forums. 

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend trying the following steps:

- Uninstall and reinstall the  Uber app

- Restarted phone, watch and router

-  Make sure that IP was entered correctly and phone is connected to WIFI

- Bluetooth is ON and device is syncing on the app

- Permissions on apps are enabled

I've moved your post to the App Gallery board for organization purposes. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi there @JennP211, welcome to the Community Forums. 

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend trying the following steps:

- Uninstall and reinstall the  Uber app

- Restarted phone, watch and router

-  Make sure that IP was entered correctly and phone is connected to WIFI

- Bluetooth is ON and device is syncing on the app

- Permissions on apps are enabled

I've moved your post to the App Gallery board for organization purposes. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've done all of this, and also opened up inquiry #40565729 with your support team, but I just wanted to post here, too, in case someone else can benefit from whatever ends up solving this issue. I'm not sure what's happening for @JennP211 , as she didn't provide any detail.  But this is what's happening for me:  The first time I try to login, after entering my Uber phone number and password, it gets stuck at a webpage.  The URL that shows is "app-settings.fitbitdevelopercontent.com".  It'll stay at that page indefinitely, but it's blank.  Eventually, if I hit "back" to return to the Fitbit app, or close it and re-open it, the next time I try to login to Uber (Fitbit App > My Fitbit Sense > Apps > Uber > Gear Icon > Login), it does this:

https://gyazo.com/60cca7018c0f3a757a9fabda283ed93d

It'll just keep doing this indefinitely, every time I try, until I clear my Chrome Android browser cache for all Uber sites.  Then I can enter my Uber username and password again, but it just gets stuck right back at that page again.

The second time I got stuck at that page, I tapped the ellipses (…) and tapped “Open in Chrome”, and I see the full URL it's stuck at:

https://app-settings.fitbitdevelopercontent.com/simple-redirect.html?error=invalid_scope&state=%7B%2...

You can see that the URL itself has an error in it.  It says “invalid scope”.  That sounds like an OAuth issue (you have to request a scope when you submit an OAuth token request… I am a Software Developer myself, and work with OAuth).  So there’s obviously something wrong with your OAuth system that grants OAuth access (links users) for Uber users to Fitbit.  Hopefully having that error URL helps your developers solve the issue.  Let me know if there’s anything else I can do.

Regards,

Maximillian C.

New Fitbit Sense owner (as of today!)

Best Answer

I get the same error and contained within the link is a redirect.  I just takes you back to the log in page!!

I have restarted my phone several times, forced stopped the app, uninstalled all of fitbit and the uber app several times.  I I have cleared the cache, cookies, tapped my heels together 3 times and said the magic word as well, sometimes some colourful language has also been used after daysssss of trying to fix this.

It would appear that there is a bug in this app that they cannot fix - which means that the functionality of this device isnt as advertised.

It's time your tech team fixed this guys - embarrassing tech 

Best Answer

Is there any news on this? This is exactly the same experience that I have on my Versa 2.

Best Answer

What's crazy is this issue has been going on for years. I see posts in 2019 with the EXACT same problem we're having now lol 

Best Answer

Yeah I saw that! and it was already fixed in an older version of the uber app. So I guess the issue came back 😞

Best Answer

Same issue here.

Best Answer

I just bought a Sense and having the exact same problems. 

It's about time Fitbit sorted out this issue it's been going on since 2019.

Best Answer

I've had the same issue, tried all the afore mentioned methods and still get nowhere. Mine just goes to the uber login page then closes taking me back to the fitbit app page. Very annoying as I use Uber very often so a working app on my versa 3 would be a godsend

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did we get any official answers on the Uber App and Fitbit Versa 3 as it really not working. I have tried all the steps to get it to work but nothing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No response from Fitbit or from Uber... ignoring customers is a poor tactic! 🤬

Best Answer
100% correct 👌🏻
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a Mobile App Developer.

I already told you all in another Forum post over a year ago that I debugged your app that your issue is that your scope request into Uber's API is invalid.  Uber's auth servers are not granting access tokens because Fitbit hasn't been keeping its apps up to date!  Tell your engineers to fix their scope grants in the OAuth request and the app will start working again.  Nothing CS recommends will let people use the Uber Fitbit app... it is broken.

Best Answer

If you all need help I consult.  Your app is good in some ways and absolutely frustrating in others...

Yep, same exact thing I turned up.  This is the issue.

Moderator edit: Format and updated post. 

Best Answer

No this is an easy fix they just aren't prioritizing their Apps or App Store at all.  If they don't they will become a Windows Phone because Apps are what matters.  I don't mind that Fitbit doesn't have nearly as many apps as the other watches, but it's insanely disappointing when the good ones it does have have either been pulled (Nest) or just stop working and no support (Uber). 

Open source your app code if you don't want to maintain it... otherwise stop selling these devices with the false claims it has these capabilities.  I've been tempted to submit a claim to the FTC over this.  It's just such a small thing to not address.  I could fix it in a day...

Furthermore Nest was dropped because Google changed their API entirely.  I understand the unwillingness to support it when Fitbit was a separate company.  But both Nest and Fitbit are owned by Google now, where is the updated Nest app?  Unacceptable...

Best Answer

It still isnt fixed. This really is unacceptable. I'm with you on filing that claim

Best Answer

Yep still doesnt work for me either. 

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working... Is an oauth issue with Uber API

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Is there a fix for this so it will work?

Best Answer