Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive News notifications on my Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have just installed ‘News’ App on my Sense. 
I can not setup provider and receive news. 
Does the App work? I 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @AndreaM76. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

To adjust the news providers whose content you want included in your list of articles, in the Providers section, tap Edit provider list. Open the News app on your watch. Up to 10 recent news articles are shown from the providers you selected. Note the following requirements:

• Your phone must be nearby with Bluetooth turned on.
  • Your phone must have access to the internet.
  • The Fitbit app must be running on your phone in the foreground or background.
  • The News app must have permission to run in the background and access the internet. To check your app permissions, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Apps > News > Permissions.

To adjust the article categories shown, tap Filter at the bottom of the list of articles. Tap Done to save your filters and return to the list of articles.

To bookmark and read an article:

1. Open the News app on your watch.
  2. Tap an article headline. A short description of the article is shown.
  3. To bookmark the article to read later, tap the Bookmark button. You can bookmark up to 20 articles.
  4. To read the article, open the Fitbit app on your phone and tap the tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Apps.
  5. Tap the gear icon next to News. You may need to swipe up to find the app.
  6. In the Saved Articles section, tap the article you want to read. You may need to swipe up to find this section.
  7. To delete a bookmarked article, in the Saved Articles section, tap Edit > the x icon.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

the problem seems I don’t be able to personalise ‘news providers’. 
App back me an error message. 

It is my problem, only? My Region is Italy, I hope this is not a problem to find news providers. 

thank you for your attention 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaM76 I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes