Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see Strava activities on Versa watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I track a run on My Fitbit Versa it will appear on the strava app on my phone but I cannot see it under the strava app on my actual Fitbit - it says record a run to view a list of recorded activities here. I carry my phone when I run since the Fitbit doesn’t have a GPS and it’s clearly connected since I can see the run on the strava app on my phone. Is love to be able to view on my watch!! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Did you actually link the Versa Strava app? You need to go to Fitbit app on your smartphone, Versa menu. Apps, click on Strava app and then settings. There you need to enter your login credentials of Strava.

Best Answer
They are definitely connected - cause it pulls into my strava app on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome on board @Jaimie1621, it's nice to see you here! I agree with my friend @Giampi71. To resolve the problem with Strava, please make sure you have connected your Strava account to Fitbit. For instructions to link them please visit this article.

Then, please follow these instructions:

• From the Fitbit app tap the Ionic icon > Apps > My Apps
  • Tap the gear icon next to Strava > Authorize
  • Login to your Strava account > Authorize

Please keep in mind the maps of your activities won't be shown immediately once Strava is selected, but it is necessary selecting each activity in order to access them. On your Ionic you will be able to see the last 10 workouts. For information about what data will be transferred between your accounts please check out this post. The following activities won't be synchronized to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, in the my Strava app is definitely authorised on my  Versa but the run I did yesterday is not logged. Moreover, dispite a 3-mile wall yesterday which I logged in Strava, my Versa tells me that I had zero active minutes, despite the activity being logged as 90 minutes! How does that work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @EsG14, thanks for jumping in here! Thanks for making sure about the authorization in the Fitbit App Gallery and strava.fitbit.com. Nice way to go!

While reading your post I was wondering if you've made sure what I posted here? Also, please keep in mind that the following activities won't be synchronized to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

I'll be around, keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Well MarreFitbit, I went for another walk on Friday which is mapped on the Strava app, so I’m guessing this is a GPS activity. Still nothing on the Verda...l

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EsG14 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details regarding your walks.

Can you tell if the walk was tracked with GPS on your watch as well? Is it showing on your activity history with a map on the Fitbit app?

The activity needs to be tracked (with GPS) using your watch so it will sync to the Fitbit app and will then transfer to the Strava app on your watch.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR wrote:

@EsG14 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details regarding your walks.

Can you tell if the walk was tracked with GPS on your watch as well? Is it showing on your activity history with a map on the Fitbit app?

The activity needs to be tracked (with GPS) using your watch so it will sync to the Fitbit app and will then transfer to the Strava app on your watch.

Keep me posted! 

Thanks for replying. From what you're saying, I have to track the exercise manually on both the Fitbit App and on record the run on Strava? I'd not been doing this and also, frustratingly, the 2.8 mile walk I recorded on Strava today has been logged as exercise on the Fitbit App, but I'm showing zero active minutes for the day. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @EsG14! This is the information that syncs from Strava to Fitbit:

• Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava
  • NOTE: Manually logged activities in Strava will NOT sync over, it needs to be a recorded activity (i.e. pressing the record button in the app)

This is the information that syncs from Fitbit to Strava:

• Only GPS recorded activities from Fitbit will sync to Strava
  • Heart rate data needs to be synced before ending a GPS activity for it to send to Strava

If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see How do I export Fitbit data?

Hope this helps, we'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Question - I just synced Strava and my Fitbit Versa together.  When I start a workout, do I manually start (begin workout) the workout from Exercise -  walk or run -  mode from my Versa or do I start the workout in Strava?  I am confused.  I have looked everyone online and am not sure how to start the workout.  Do I need to start it up in both apps at the same time?  They are both linked together fine.  I am just not sure where to start.

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Thanks for getting back @EsG14! This is the information that syncs from Strava to Fitbit:

• Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava
  • NOTE: Manually logged activities in Strava will NOT sync over, it needs to be a recorded activity (i.e. pressing the record button in the app)

This is the information that syncs from Fitbit to Strava:

• Only GPS recorded activities from Fitbit will sync to Strava
  • Heart rate data needs to be synced before ending a GPS activity for it to send to Strava

If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see How do I export Fitbit data?

Hope this helps, we'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Thanks for any assistance.  

Best Answer