Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up the weather app on my Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m at a loss, it seems like everyday something new is going wrong with my Fitbit and I regret not buying an Apple Watch instead. Costumer support is useless, in fact, when I tried to contact them yesterday the page for 24-hour support page said it was no longer available and redirected me.

Anyway, my Fitbit pretty much passed away and I had to factory reset it (kept showing just the Fitbit logo screen). When it finally came back to life my sense control pairing, weather, and calendar will not connect no matter how or what I try, however, it will still track my stats and sync them to my Fitbit app. My sense pairing controls also says it’s connected on my Bluetooth and watch but won’t actually accept or receive calls, I’ve tried disconnecting, turning off Bluetooth, letting my Fitbit sit and charge before trying again, everything. I have looked up what to do and there’s really no other options and when I try to fix weather and calendar it says to “go to the Fitbit account icon and click apps” but there is no apps section. There is “app settings” and “connected apps” but neither one of those things gives me anything I need. 
I’ve genuinely been thinking about spending money I don’t have to just buy something that actually works cause it’s getting ridiculous how often these $300 products seem to have more problems than solutions when I pay for premium and have barely had it three years.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @B0neyKAMI. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Sense. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration. 

If the weather is still not updating please check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still is not working. My iphone and Fitbit keep saying it is synced but it is not and will not let me accept calls or control my Spotify. I have followed the suggestions on “Why won’t my Fitbit sync?” before writing my post and the instructions did not work. It says my gps is connected and the location is right in my app but it’s the watch itself that isn’t picking up that information. Other than there not being an “apps” section on my Fitbit app that everyone else seems to have, the app itself has no issues. Again, my stats (steps, heart rate, sleep) are syncing but it just seems like some features of the watch have completely stopped working after it froze and I had to factory reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@B0neyKAMI wrote:

It still is not working. My iphone and Fitbit keep saying it is synced but it is not and will not let me accept calls or control my Spotify. I have followed the suggestions on “Why won’t my Fitbit sync?” before writing my post and the instructions did not work. It says my gps is connected and the location is right in my app but it’s the watch itself that isn’t picking up that information. Other than there not being an “apps” section on my Fitbit app that everyone else seems to have, the app itself has no issues. Again, my stats (steps, heart rate, sleep) are syncing but it just seems like some features of the watch have completely stopped working after it froze and I had to factory reset it.

It sounds like you have some apps that don't have their special permissions setup yet. It's not intuitive finding your watch apps in the FitBit app. Open the FitBit app > tap your account pic in the top left > tap your watch > tap Gallery (this is the step that threw me off at first - clicking "Gallery" to see my installed apps) > then make sure your watch name is selected on the three tabs at the top (to the left of Clocks and Apps) > then your installed apps are displayed at the bottom. Scroll thru and find the apps that don't work correctly and tap to open the settings for each and you will be prompted for any missing permissions. Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes