Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch all lamps separately on Hue Lights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I use the Hue app already for a long time. Yesterday I updated my Versa to the newest Firmware version 32.33.1.30. Although the app works in this newest version, it does not work correctly anymore. Starting the app, it shows to connect to the bridge and then shows the rooms. Now it's only possible to switch all lamps in one room on or off and not anymore seperately, which was possible in the .19 version. Is there a solution for this problem, otherwise there is no use to have it anymore on my Versa. Controlling is then much more easier by Smartphone. Thanks in advance, kuzibri   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you around here! Have you tried using the Phillips Hue app on your phone instead? To add new devices, rename lights, customize scenes, or organize the lights in each room, use the Philips Hue app on your phone.

To control your lights with your Philips Hue system and Fitbit watch, your Philips Hue system must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone, and your watch must be within Bluetooth range of your phone.

To set up the Hue Lights app:

1. Open the Hue Lights app on your watch.
  2. The app starts searching for your Hue bridge. When prompted on your watch, press the pairing button on your bridge to complete the pairing process.

To adjust your lights from your watch:

1. Open the Hue Lights app on your watch.
  2. From the Rooms screen, tap on or off to adjust all the lights in each room.
  3. Tap the icon next to a room to see the lights in that room.
    • Tap the checkbox next to each light to turn it on or off.
    • Swipe left to view the Scenes screen. Tap a scene name to set it.

Additionally, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your Versa
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi, many thanks for your extended reply. Did already all of your suggestions. On my phone it works fine, able to control all bulbs seperately. This was also possible with my Versa when on Fitbit version .19. After updating to 0.30 it's only possible to turn off/on all the bulbs together and not seperately anymore and scenes are also not present anymore. Also  noticed that when I press the arrow on the right side of the screen, the program just stops and I get the screen with installed apps, like Hue, Settings, etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner! Hmmm... this is very strange. We haven't received any updates about changes in the Hue Lights app after the firmware update. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer