Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update the weather app on my Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t update weather on my Versa 2 after phone upgrade 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Caroleanne58 - if you changed phones make sure the old phone is not active [or at least remove the Bluetooth entry for your watch from it and logout of the Fitbit App].

In the new phone Fitbit App Gallery tile, check the Weather app permissions and settings are correct.

With the new version 4 of the Fitbit App there can be syncing problems, make sure the watch is syncing by a pull down on the phone display.

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Caroleanne58. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that the weather app on your Versa 2 is not updating after upgrading your phone. We'll be glad to help you!

As @Guy_ has mentioned, please make sure that your Versa 2 is no longer connected to your old phone as this will be causing some interference between the new and old phone. Therefore, some features and not just the weather app won't be able to update properly. If you're not quite sure if the Versa 2 is still connected to your old phone, please try the steps below in the order listed:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your old phone's Bluetooth and also from the new phone.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your new phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 2 again.

If the weather is still not updating please check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes