Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install clockface app on Ionic through private link.

ANSWERED

I published a clockface app through Fitbit Gallery App Manager, and I got a UUID and a link, which says "my app is available to users with the link to it". However, I tried to install the app through the private link on both an ios phone and android phone, neither worked. It either showed me a message "This clock cannot be installed on your device. Your device is not connected." (ON IPHONE), or it just couldn't direct me to Gallery in Fitbit app at all(ON ANDROID).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Now I just open the link directly from my email. I'm not sure which IE it is, but it works. Thanks.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Can you share with me in private the link to your clock please? I'll test it, but I suspect you created the app with support for Versa only and trying to install it on a Ionic, could it be possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fred,

I think I tried to use Google Chrome to open the private link, and it didn't redirect properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it working now? You used another browser to open the link?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I just open the link directly from my email. I'm not sure which IE it is, but it works. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having an issue similar to this. I've double-checked that the clock face is set to Ionic (I have an Ionic), and have tried rebooting the device and the phone (Pixel 2). It looks like there might be an error on download because I can get to the download screen and click the button but it doesn't complete ever. Did I miss something in my build? 

Private link for testing:

https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/clock/04ed6915-4e4a-45bd-9695-d677cd707aa6

Best Answer
0 Votes

@timjkstrickland Your link works fine on my Versa and Samsung S5.

But Ilm having the same issue with my own colckface. It installed at the end.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes