Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log into Uber account through the Fitbit app (SOLVED: 1/14)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot seem to log in to my Uber account throught the Fitbit app. I've followed the instructions went into the Fitbit App (iOS)>My Apps>Uber>Settings>Login but when I click "Login" nothing happens. I've tried restarting the app and deleting the Uber app on my Fibtit and re

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ansh92 @Jojo126 Hey there! We have a quick update for you all. Smiley Happy

Our team has identified and released a fix for those of you who were having issues with opening the Uber app. Please try the following steps to ensure you receive the fix:

• Remove the Uber app from your watch by uninstalling it through the Fitbit app
  • After, you have to reinstall the Uber app (you will see this version: 1.0.9)
  • Make sure you complete a new setup 

Please give this a shot and let us know how it goes! We'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I'm having this same issue! Everything goes great until I try logging in, then it takes me to a website link that never loads.

Best Answer

Hey there @hkahoe86 @avromi, it's nice to see you both around! Woman Very Happy Hope everything is going great today!

Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience between your Uber app and the Fitbit app, nice way to go! 

To set up the Uber app:

1. If you don’t have an Uber account, download the Uber app on your phone and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.
  2. Open the Fitbit app on your phone, and tap or click the Account icon > your device image > Apps.
  3. Tap or click the gear icon next to Uber. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. Tap or click Login to be redirected to the Uber login page.
  5. Sign in to your account and follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your account and authorize the connection.
  6. Use the Uber app on your phone to set any preset locations, such as your home or work address. For instructions, see Uber’s help article.

To request a ride:

1. Open the Uber app on your watch.
  2. Your watch uses your preset home and work addresses as your default pickup and destination locations. To change either location, tap it and select a different address. You can select your current location, detected using your phone’s GPS signal, a preset address you set through the Uber app, or a recently used address. If needed, tap the Swap From/Tobutton to swap the pickup and destination addresses.
  3. After selecting the correct pickup and destination addresses, tap Request.
  4. The cost of the trip, estimated time of pickup, and estimated time of arrival are shown. Swipe left or right to select a service. Tap Confirm to request the ride.
  5. When a driver confirms the ride, the driver’s information appears. Swipe up to see the estimated time until pickup and cancel the ride if needed.
  6. To change your destination address or rate your driver, use the Uber app on your phone.

PS: If the Uber login page doesn't load, please try clearing cookies and cache on your mobile devices. This should help.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you still need assistance guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same problem as above, where even after entering my details and agreeing to give permissions, I simply get a white screen and nothing happens.

I've tried reinstalling and restarting. I've also tried clearing cookies, but I still have the same problem.

Best Answer

Hey there @Alkove! Thanks for the steps you've taken in order to sort this out. I was wondering if you're still having trouble logging into your Uber app?

Looking forward to your response!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Have tried deleting uber app on ionic and reinstalling  Didn't work. 

Tried reinstalling fitbit app on phone. Didn't work. 

Nothing happens when I try to login to uber account via fitbit app

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Jobs, it's nice to have a new member around! Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go!

Have you checked if the Uber app doesn't have a pending update? Also, I'd appreciate if you can send me a screenshot showing what you're getting when trying to logg into your Uber account. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same issue.. worked with the fitbit team have done all of that still not working

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping here @pml78! As you were told during your chat with our Support Team. Your case was escalated to another department and someone will be contacting you shortly. 

I really appreciate your time and patience. Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been able to down load the app and log into my Uber account but nothing happens when I try to open the app from my Fitbit versa. It thinks for about 5 seconds and then closes. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Jojo126, it's nice to have a new member around! I'd recommend restarting your Versa, and then follow the steps provided in the article: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to use the uber app on fitbit versa but unfortunately the uber app crashes every time on fitbit. Have tried doing it multiple times but no result. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Ansh92, it's nice to see you here! While reading your post I was wondering if you have made sure that your Fitbit Versa, Fitbit app, and Uber app are up-to-date? If one of those have a pending update, that would be a reason of why your app is crashing. 

Once you've made sure about that, please try doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Hope that helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ansh92 @Jojo126 Hey there! We have a quick update for you all. Smiley Happy

Our team has identified and released a fix for those of you who were having issues with opening the Uber app. Please try the following steps to ensure you receive the fix:

• Remove the Uber app from your watch by uninstalling it through the Fitbit app
  • After, you have to reinstall the Uber app (you will see this version: 1.0.9)
  • Make sure you complete a new setup 

Please give this a shot and let us know how it goes! We'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Nope still doesn’t work.
[Image]

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @stevestevens! Did you try the 3 recommendations posted above? If so, I'd recommend restarting your Fitbit Ionic and then complete those steps again. 

If you could let me know what version of the Uber app you're running, that would be perfect. Is it version 1.0.9?

Looking forward to you reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have finally worked it out. You must have the Fitbit app open whist you
use the uber app on your Fitbit. I did the following steps:

1. Opened uber app in phone (not sure that this was necessary);
2. Opened Fitbit app on phone and waited for it to sync;
3. Opened uber app on Fitbit versa and it loaded up correctly.

After this as long as the Fitbit app is open on phone the uber app will
open on Fitbit (no need to have uber app open on phone once it has loaded
correctly the first time on Fitbit).

Hope this works for others 😀
Best Answer

Still have the same problem. Strangely it works on my Samsung s7 edge but not on my xiaomi redmi note 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit

tried all that.  No luck. I try and login on the Fitbit app and takes me straight to Uber and says : Authorisation Error

error.invalid request. 

Mom running Uber app 1.0.9 (newest) on an iPhone XS Max 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jojo126 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the steps that helped you out to resolve this. I'm really glad to read you are back on track now. I'm sure those steps will be helpful for other users too.

@stevestevens Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

Have you tried the steps shared above? Please click here to go to them. This has helped other users!

@Jobs I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to read that it is working on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The Xiaomi Red Mi Note 4 is not showing as a compatible device. This is why it is only working on your S7 Edge.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer